Eight

Scarlett's POV:

There was a knock at my door. I crawled off of Taylor, giving her enough time to stand up before I opened the door.

When I opened it I was met with Rachel standing there smiling. "What was that loud crash?" I asked, shutting the door behind me and leaving Taylor in the room so she couldn't hear us talk. "Did something break?"

"Everything's fine. The guys just dropped the old bed frame down the stairs. Don't worry, it didn't scratch the floors I already checked." Rachel said. "The room is finished, just needs your styling touches."

"Thank you, I'll be up there in a minute if you will meet me in it." Rachel nodded her head, turning on her heels.

I opened the door to find Taylor looking at pictures that sat on my dresser. "I have a few things to take care of in my office." Taylor nodded her head. "Just, don't come upstairs, okay?"

She looked at me weird. "Alright?"

"Um...we'll talk later?" I asked.

"I mean, we're not gonna act like what you just did didn't happen." She chuckled.

"Right..." I let out a sigh, looking at the picture she was just looking at.

"I find it funny you have a picture of Kaylee and I on your dresser." Taylor picked it up. It was a picture of them on their graduation day. Both their smiles were so big. I had never seen either of them that happy.

"It's my favorite picture of you two." She placed it down, nodding her head. "I'll be upstairs."

"And I'll be not upstairs."

I left Taylor in my bedroom and made my way up the stairs, a smile plastered across my face.

"What's got you all smiley?" Rachel asked, as she ripped the plastic off the new bedside table.

"Um." I chuckled, "Nothing, let's get started on this so I can get her in the room tonight."

Rachel and I worked for almost 3 hours decorating the room perfectly so Taylor would like it. The final touch was a picture of her and Kaylee. I placed it on her dresser the same place mine was in my room.

"I ordered Chinese food, so I'm gonna go pick it up. I'll leave you to it to show her!" I thanked Rachel and showed her out the front door.

"Taylor!" I yelled down the staircase. Her head popped around the corner, making me chuckle. "Come here." She jogged up the stairs, meeting me at the door. "I have something to show you."

"Okay." Taylor said, her eyebrows furrowed.

I led her up the stairs and to the guest bedroom door. "I wanted you to feel like you had somewhere to sleep at night and not like you were just crashing on the couch or in your friends room." I grabbed the handle and turned it, slowly opening the door, "So I did this..."

Her mouth hung as she took in everything. "Scarlett..." she said just above a whisper. She looked around, not even knowing where to start.

I followed her in, "I wanted to make sure you had everything you would need, so your bathroom is fully stocked and I got you new towels too."

She turned around, smiling wide at me and shaking her head. "Why'd you do this for me?"

I shook my head, "What do you mean? I just want you to feel at home." The next thing I knew, she had her arms wrapped around my neck, hugging me.

"Thank you Scarlett." She whispered into my hair, "Thank you so much."

My arms wrapped around her waist, "Of course sweetie. I just want you to have a place of your own." I heard the doorbell ring.

I let go of her and left her to check out all her new furniture. When I reached the front door I peeked out the side window to see who it was.

"Jared?" I said, as I opened the door.

"Hello to you too, Birdy." He showed his classic smirk, calling me by an old nickname.

"Where's Kaylee?" I asked, opening the door wider, allowing him to come in.

"Her tire blew on her way to my house Friday so it's in the shop. I told her I'd take her home, but I couldn't leave without saying hello to you." Kaylee walked up behind him carrying her bags.

"You could have helped her with her bags, Jared." I pushed past him and grabbed one of the bags from her hands.

"She's got two hands." He chuckled, making me roll my eyes.

"I got it Mom." Kaylee put the bags down by the basement door and looked around. "Where's T?"

"I finished the room today and she just now got to see it."

"Oh my god, really? I'm gonna go see!" She ran up the stairs leaving her father and I alone.

I let out a breath and walked to the kitchen, his presence following behind me. "Would you like a drink?"

"I'm okay, thank you though." I smiled kindly as I poured me a glass of wine. I heard footsteps come down the stairs then the two girls appeared in the kitchen. "Well look who it is." Jared said, motioning to Taylor.

"Mr. Madison." She nodded to him. Her voice was short and I could tell she didn't wanna talk to him.

"Well, I really just wanted to come in a see you, Birdy."

"Birdy?" Taylor chuckled, looking at me. I ignored her.

"Well, you've see me." I cracked a smile, slowly moving him towards the door.

He turned around once he stepped out, "You look good. Really good."

"Yeah, this is what staying single will do to you." I winked, "Goodnight Jared. Get home safe and say hello to your wife for me." I shut the door and rolled my eyes.

"He was so hitting on her." I heard Kaylee say in the kitchen.

"It's disgusting." Taylor mumbled before I walked in.

"What's disgusting?" I asked, even though I knew.

"Taylor thinks it's disgusting how Dad hits on you." I watched Kaylee drink my whole glass of wine, then pour another, handing it to me.

I rolled my eyes.

"I-I just think it's gross. He has a whole wife at home. A wife who's hot as fuck too."

"Hey, my moms hot!" Kaylee yelled.

"I never said she wasn't." Taylor chuckled, "But your step-mom is hot too."

"While you two talk about Michelle being hot, I'm ordering pizza." I shook my head, trying to block them out.

"Hey, I know you're straight, but do you ever think about her?" Taylor's voice was full of humor and I know that humor wasn't for Kaylee but for me. She wanted to pick on me.

"Ew!" Kaylee gagged. "I've known her forever!"

"I'd fu-"

"Enough!" I yelled, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room with my wine. "Bleh!" Now I was the one gagging thinking of that.