Twelve

Kaylee's POV:

"Taylor, where are we going?" I looked around at our surroundings as we were getting closer to the big city. Our little hometown was nothing compared to the busy city life. Taylor refused to tell me anything but she made me pack a suitcase that had bathing suits and clothing for warm weather. Soon enough we pulled up to the airport. "What are we doing?" Still nothing.

Taylor got out and opened the trunk. "Come on, we got a plane to catch."

— — —

I  leaned against the window, looking out at all the other planes surrounding us. I still didn't know what we're doing, but I do know we're flying to Miami. Sounds fun but I wish my mom was with us.

"Is this seat taken?" I looked up and almost squealed. "Mom! I thought you were on a work trip?" She put her suitcase in the cupboard above us and sat on the isle seat. "I'd never miss your birthday trip honey. Where's Taylor?"

I hugged her, releasing her shortly after. "She went to the bathroom before we take off. What are we doing? Did you two plan this?" Mom nodded her head, smiling big.

"Your father and Tiffany are meeting us in Florida."

Just as I was about to say something Taylor walked up. "Excuse me." Mom tried to make as much room so Taylor could slide by. "Sorry." She said as her legs pushed by my mom's. "So, did she question you to death?"

Mom shook her head, "Not yet but we aren't telling her a thing." That made me groan and roll my eyes. "Just sit back and relax hun."

Scarlett's POV:

"Mom, I can't believe you booked this for us." Kaylee gawked as she looked around the large room we were in. "And we have unlimited drinks!" She wiggled her eyebrows at Taylor.

"Just wanted you to have a good birthday, honey." I dug in my bag pulling out our badges that have each of our names on them. "These are your room keys and has money on it already."

Kaylee squealed like a little kid. "Thank you, Scarlett." Taylor smiled. I nodded to her.

"You two are sharing a room and it's just down the hall from mine." We left the ballroom we were in and made our way to the elevators. Our rooms were located on the sixth deck.

"When's Dad getting here?"

"What?" Taylor asked, "Your dads invited?"

Kaylee chuckled, "It's my birthday, of course he was." I got a stare from Taylor, but I wasn't gonna let her pettiness ruin Kaylee's fun. The elevator doors opened and to our surprise Jared and Tiffany stood in front of us. "Dad, you made it!" She wrapped him in a hug, then hugged Tiffany.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, Kay." He looked to me and smiled, "Birdy."

"Jared." I acknowledged, "Tiffany. How was the trip." We talked for a minute in the hallway about where each of our rooms were located and how we would meet back up for dinner.

"We'll text you guys." Kaylee said, pulling me away from her father and step-mother. "Taylor'a already gone to the room."

That girl was something else. I didn't tell her Jared was coming because I knew she'd be annoyed, but it wasn't about her. This trip was about my daughter and celebrating her.

When we got to our rooms, our bags were waiting outside the door for us. "Why don't you two get changed and we'll go out to the pool." Kaylee agreed telling me she'd come to my room when they were ready.

Taylor's POV:

Kaylee was taking forever to get ready, so I left the room and made my way to the pool. On my way there I stopped at the bar, grabbing a margarita.

I found three chairs right by the pool side, so I plopped down in the middle one incase anybody tried to take them. I lowered my hat on my face to cover the sun from my eyes. The sun warmed my pale body, feeling like a warm hug.

"Can I sit here?" I lifted the hat, coming face to face with the blonde haired woman. My mouth parting when my eyes lowered to her red two piece.

"Ow, ow, ow!" Kaylee came running up behind her - the hot wooden deck burning her bare feet. She jumped onto one of the empty chairs next to me. "See any good looking men?" She looked around, lowering her sunglasses.

My nose scrunched up. "Rather look for a beautiful woman." I looked to my right, seeing the only beautiful woman I really wanted to look at. She was squirting sun screen in her hand and rubbing it down her body, covering her legs, chest, and arms.

"Hun, can you get my back?" My eyes looked over to Kaylee who was too busy people watching. "Taylor."

My head turned back. "Um, yes." I sat up and took the bottle from her, squeezing the cold sunscreen into my hands and rubbing them together to warm it up. She tensed up when my hand touched her shoulder. "Sorry. I tried to warm it up." As I rubbed the lotion around her back she relaxed. When my hands went down her lower back I heard her inhale sharply.

I hadn't touched her since the night of Kaylee's birthday dinner. My hands ached to touch her body in more ways than one.

"All done." I rubbed the remaining lotion on my legs. I leaned back on the chair and got into the position I was in before they came - hat pulled over my face covering my eyes from the sun. It was silent for a while due to all three of us just relaxing.

"Hey you guys." I lifted my hat, seeing Tiffany standing in a large t-shirt.

"Hey Tiff, care to join us?" Kaylee asked, standing up from her chair and bringing another closer.

"I'd love to." I was watching her as she put all her belongings down then gripped the hem of her shirt, pulling over her head.

I heard coughing beside me, turning my head away. "Sorry, something stuck in my throat." Scarlett said.

"I'm sure." I mumbled. We laid out in the sun for almost two hours, but I could barely take the heat anymore. "Kay, I'm gonna head back to the room. I feel overheated."

I grabbed my shirt and threw it over my shoulder, not caring to cover myself back up.