Fourteen

Taylor's POV:

I woke up to the bright sun shining in my eyes. I groaned, my head throbbing from last nights decisions.

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!" I heard in the chirpiest voice. I opened my eyes and Kaylee was standing at the foot of my bed, dressed for the day. "Rise and shine sunshine!"

"How the fuck are you okay? You were more trashed than I was." I groaned again, covering my face with a pillow.

"We're on vacation! It's called puke and rally for a reason. Tonight we puke, tomorrow we rally. And then repeat." She tore the pillow off my head, meeting me her with smiling face. "Plus, we're in the Bahamas. Let's get off the boat and party!"

"I'll meet you out there later. Let me rest for like another hour, please." I begged, covering my entire body with the blanket.

"Fine. I believe Mom and Tiff are having a spa day, so you can meet my dad and I out there with them later on. I'll let Mom know you're sleeping in." Kaylee grabbed a baseball cap and covered her curly hair with it. I stuck my hand out from the covers and threw a thumbs up at her. "Sleep tight, sleeping beauty."

Finally, it was quiet again. I love Kaylee to death, but damn she's too chipper in the morning.

A couple hours passed by and I felt my headache ease. The sun was no longer shining directly in my eyes so that was also a bonus. I decided I should get up and do something because if I laid here any longer I would never get up.

I went to my suitcase and put on ripped jean shorts, throwing a tight cropped tank top over my head, not even bothering to put a bra on. I grabbed my room key and my badge, shoving them both into my pocket. I figured whenever Scarlett and Tiff were ready they would come find me.

I made my way to the main level, my stomach growling louder the closer I got to lunch buffet.

I grabbed a plate, immediately dishing myself chicken fingers and fries, not forgetting honey mustard to dip them in. I turned on my heels, immediately colliding with someone's body. "Shit!" I huffed, looking down at my white cropped tank-top covered in yellow sauce.

"Oh my! I am so sorry!" A lady's Australian accent rang through my ears.

"It's-It's okay." I looked up and saw a blonde about my age looking embarrassed. "It's not like I didn't pack more clothes." I said, earning an even more embarrassed smile from her.

"Please let me buy you another." She reached for napkins and immediately started cleaning my shirt.

"Really, it's okay. Plus, it's a complimentary buffet." Her face turned an even darker shade of red. "I'm Taylor."

"I'm Evie...and apparently I'm a klutz." She smiled sheepishly. "I'm so very sorry."

"If you apologize again, then I'll be mad." I chuckled, taking more napkins and cleaning the rest of the honey mustard off of me.

"Let me make it up to you." I raised my eyebrow, wondering what she could possibly mean. "Let me buy you a shirt or something."

"Really, it's okay. I have more than enough to choose from in my cabin." We both knelt down and began picking up the chicken tenders from the floor. "You're from Australia I assume?"

"Um actually, I was born in Australia and lived there until I was ten, but I live in California now." She placed the dirty tenders on the plate, brushing her hands from any crumbs. "What about you?"

"I live in Arizona." I stood up and walked to a trash bin, dumping the food and placing the plate on top.

"Oh nice. That's not too far from me." She grinned. "Um, let me walk you to your cabin." I agreed, allowing the slender, blue eyed blonde to follow me to the elevators. The doors opened and we stepped in together, pressing the sixth floor.

"Who are you here with?" She asked me, as I watched the number decrease as the elevator descended.

"Just my friend and her family. We're celebrating her birthday." I smiled, holding my hands together in front of me. "What about you?" I asked, eager to know more about this clumsy lady.

"Believe it or not I'm on a work trip." She chuckled, "I do photography and I'm currently doing a piece for the cruise line."

Just as I was about to speak, the doors opened and there stood Scarlett. Her eyes looked between myself and Evie. "I've been looking everywhere for you." Scarlett finally spoke, focusing her eyes on me.

"Didn't look hard enough I guess." Evie and I stepped out, allowing others to get on. "Um, Scarlett this is Evie. Evie, Scarlett." Evie stuck her hand out, reaching for Scarlett's.

"Nice to meet you." Her accent ringing through my ears.

"Likewise." She smiled softly. "What is all over you?"

"Oh that's my fault!" Evie owned, "I ran into her and spilled her lunch everywhere."

"I see..." Scarlett's eyes trailed down my body, then back over to Evie. "Well, I hate to break up your little hang out, but we are getting off the boat to meet everyone else."

"Right... um, it was nice meeting you Evie. I'm sure I'll see you around." I smiled, as I could feel Scarlett's stare burning into me.

"Hopefully." She smiled softly, showing her dimples on either side.

"You could have at least put a bra on..." Scarlett mumbled under her breath as we walked away. I rolled my eyes, knowing she was staring at my nipples when she scanned over my body.

"Jealous, huh?" I smirked as we arrived at my door.

"You wish." Scarlett rolled her eyes and followed me into the cabin. "Immediately, I stripped myself from the stain covered shirt, turning around to find her staring intensely at my chest. I saw her jaw clench.

"Do you mind handing me that t-shirt behind you?" I asked, walking closer and holding my hand out.

Scarlett huffed, handing me the baggy shirt. "I'll be outside..."