Sixteen

Scarlett's POV:

"Mom! Wake up, I lost the key." My eyes shot open at the sound of my daughter's voice. I looked next to me and saw Taylor sleeping peacefully, her hair scattered across the pillow.

"Wake up!" I said, shaking her with no luck. "Kaylee is outside my door." Immediately she stood to her feet, looking around the room. "The closet!" I pointed to the two sliding doors that were across from the bed.

"Mom! I can't find Taylor! Wake up!" My daughter knocked harder.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I tied my robe I fell asleep in last night tighter around me. When I opened the door my daughter walked frantically in. "Honey, what is wrong?"

She looked around, "I can't find Taylor. I woke up around one in the morning and she was gone. I figured she couldn't sleep so I didn't look for her. I just woke up now and she's still not back."

"Honey, I'm sure she's fine. Not many places she can go - I mean, we are in the middle of the ocean." I heard the sound of something hit the floor in the closet.

Kaylee looked at that way, then shook her head. "She's probably with that Australian chick."

"She told you about her?" I asked, pressing to know more.

Kaylee nodded her head. "Said she was cute so I told her I would try and hook her up."

"Ah." Was all I said. "Well, I'm gonna get dressed for the day. I figured we could hang out by the pool?"

Kaylee started walking to the door, "That sounds good. Hopefully I find that dumb ass eventually."

Once my daughter left, Taylor opened the door to the closet, an embarrassed grin on her face. "You should probably go. She thinks you're with that woman." I grabbed my bathing suit from my suitcase.

"Scar, stop." She put her hands on my waist as I went to walk by her.

"Taylor, it's fine." I held my hand up, "You're my daughter's best friend. This will never work out. I don't care what you do. Enjoy yourself, you're young." I walked to the bathroom, closing the door. I heard the door to the cabin slam shut, making me sigh.

I don't know what I got myself into and I don't know what the fuck I was thinking...

Taylor's POV:

I walked down the hallway, mentally throwing myself a pity party. I was mad that she would say those things. How could she say those things? I know she feels something - whether that be romantically or sexually, I don't know. I get it she's my best friend's mom, but fuck! The way she makes me feel drives me up the walls sometimes.

"Taylor!" I heard the cheerful accent behind me. I turned on my heels and smiled when I saw Evie walking up to me. "Did you just wake up? You're still in your pj's and it's nearly noon."

"Um, yeah. I got hungry so I went and got breakfast. Guess I didn't care to change." I looked down at my baggy sleep shirt that covered the white Nike shorts I was wearing.

"What are you doing tonight?" She asked, showing her perfectly white teeth. "I'd love to take you out. Maybe dinner and some drinks?"

"Bitch!" Another voice yelled behind me. "Where the fuck have you been?" I turned on my heels, facing my best friend. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

I looked between the two of them. "Sorry. I couldn't sleep last night and then I ran into Evie and we went back to her cabin." Please go along with it...

"Sorry." Evie smiled, "I didn't mean to steal your mate from ya." Thank goodness...

"Please...take her whenever you want." Kaylee laughed. "Mom and I are going out to the pool, do you want to join? Blondie, you're more than welcome to as well." She asked us, motioning with her head backwards.

"Actually..." Evie spoke up, "I would really love if I could steal her attention for a little bit longer."

Kaylee held up her hands, "Have her all you want." She pecked my cheek and then wished us a good time, walking back towards the elevator.

"Seems like you have a lot to tell me..." She smirked, raising her eyebrows.

————————————

"And that's when she told me to do whatever I wanted and that we wouldn't ever work out..." I let a sigh of relief out. It felt so good to finally tell somebody my feelings. Somebody who has no connection to either of us or that soul-sucking smalltown.

"You little ripper!" Evie laughed. I looked at her confused. "Sorry mate, what I mean to say is that's fucking crazy!"

I laughed at her Australian slang. "You don't think I'm a piece of shit for fucking my friends mom?"

"Absolutely not. You both are grown women. Do what you want." She shrugged, taking a sip of her drink that sat on the table. "Speak of the broad." She whispered, taking another sip.

I felt arms wrap around my neck and squeeze me tightly. "Hey honey!" I looked up and smiled when I saw Tiffany, Scarlett right behind her and Kaylee looking at a brochure. "I don't wanna ruin your little date, but just wanted to say hi."

I chuckled, "Tiff this is Evie. Evie this is Tiffany, Kay's step-mom."

Evie stood up, being respectful, and shook her hand. "Very nice to meet you."

"Oh!" Tiffany put her hand over her mouth, "and she's Australian!"

Evie blushed and smiled at me. She then looked behind Tiffany. "Scarlett, right?" Scarlett nodded and Evie held her hand out, softly shaking it. "Nice to officially meet you."

"You as well." I watched as Scarlett pulled her swimsuit cover up higher up her chest.

"Okay, okay. We aren't gonna interrupt you two anymore." Kaylee began pulling Tiffany away, but not before I got a thumbs up from her. My eyes went to Scarlett - she walked away without saying a word or even looking back.

"Charmer, huh?" Evie chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "She's jealous. She won't admit it though."

"Do you like seeing her jealous?" She asked.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do." A smirk grew on her face. "Looks like you're planning something."

"I mean, I think we can make her pretty jealous..."