Wide Awake, Getting Half Past Zero

The last of the guests finally got up to leave the bar. Jisoo smiled and waved at them, before bussing the glasses on their area. It was almost 3am, and she finally have the place to herself.

3am is the most peaceful time of the day. It was, for her, the end of a long shift, and for most, it was the hour before wake. At 3am, time seems so hang on a balance, where everything can somehow breathe a sigh of relief.

With only the noise of waves on the shore as her company, Jisoo continued to close up shop. She was so focused on fixing the bar that she didn't notice Haein walking towards her to return the used plate and utensils.

"Where should I --"

Jisoo's shriek pierced the stillness of the night. Turning, she saw Haein standing on the other side of the bar. "Fuck! You scared me!"

Muttering a quiet apology, Haein looked away after placing the dishes on the bar. "I just want to return these." Then he started walking back to his villa without another word.

Without thinking, Jisoo followed him. "It's Haein, right?" She called, "I'm Jisoo. You should join us for breakfast later at 7:30. Come and meet the staff."

Haein stopped walking and looked back at Jisoo, who had to halt abruptly to prevent herself from crashing into him. He looked at her, his brows furrowed. It was dark, but Jisoo could see his jaw clench in annoyance.

"I don't eat breakfast." he grunted, irritated by her persuasion. Again, he resumed walking, this time a step faster. Still, Jisoo followed.

"A thank you would be nice?"

Haein stopped, his hand already on the knob. Jisoo watched as his shoulders rise when he heaved a deep sigh. But she stayed and waited for him to say something.

Instead, he turned the knob and went inside his villa, leaving Jisoo standing in the dark.