Things are looking up, right?

Since moving to Siargao, surfing has been a huge part of Jisoo's everyday routine. She surfs in the morning, and if the resort is not crowded or busy, she tries to ride a few waves in the afternoon as well. With her is Lisa, another island adoptee who owns and manages her own surf shop near Angkan.

That morning, the two girls were just walking back to the resort from the shore when they saw Haein in one of the beach chairs holding a glass of whisky. As they walked closer, Jisoo noticed the dark circles under his eyes and it looked like he haven't shaved for days. He was looking at the sea while twirling the amber liquid in his glass absentmindedly.

"Isn't it too early for that?"

Haein stopped moving his glass to look up at Jisoo. He stared at her, his reaction unreadable. After their last interaction, Haein couldn't figure out if he is annoyed with the girl who seemed determined to get into his business, or be impressed with her moxie. More than once she stood her ground in front of him, and now, she's doing it again. But what he could be sure of is that, like a broken record, his mind skips back to her a little too.. much.

It's also not helping that, unlike their past interactions, she's only wearing a pair of bikinis and a wet tank top. He couldn't help but notice a couple of tattoos, a long script high up on her thigh, and an ankh on her left ankle.

Truth be told, he's way too sober for this sight. "I haven't had any of it. In three days." He said, eyes still on her.

A look crossed her face too quick that he almost didn't notice it. She looked.. surprised. "Three days. Cool. Well, there's coffee at the bar. You should get some." She said, before lifting her board to walk back to the villas.

"Okay, you didn't even introduce me to your friend." Lisa said, chuckling as she hoisted up her board in the storage area. Rolling her eyes, Jisoo shook her head as she wiped her board clean of saltwater, "He's Tito Hyunwoo's nephew and he's staying here until I don't know when."

"And?"

"And what?"

Lisa rolled her eyes and grabbed a dry shirt from her bag, "You two seemed rather familiar. Did something happen before today?"

Jisoo had to laugh as she remembered both times the guy just walked out on her. "There's not much to tell. I mean, I'm just trying to reach out for Tito Hyunwoo. He seems fond of the guy, you know. And same goes for Haein too, I feel like any niceness in his being is reserved for Tito."

"Haein, huh? First name basis. Okay, okay." Lisa said teasingly. Knowing Lisa, she wouldn't let anything slide until she gets something out of it. The teasing continued until they're in the resort restaurant, with her going on about how cute he can be, if he shaves.

"Leave him alone, Li. You wouldn't wanna be on the wrong end of his temper."

"Ooh, cute guy with a hot temper? Isn't that your type?"

And before Jisoo could rebut, Haein walked past by, obviously catching, not only her remark about his temper, but also Lisa's candid take about him being her type. Jisoo watched him enter the kitchen, waiting until he's well out of earshot before turning to Lisa. "I swear to god, Lalisa. That big mouth of yours will be the death of me!"

"Thank me later, Jisoonie! Now that he knows he's your type, he'll be nicer to you. And maybe he'll shave too."

The possibility of Haein shifting from his cold shoulder treatment to something a little.. tepid, to say the least, somehow intrigued Jisoo. Not that she wants to be friends with him, no. Actually, she'll take anything other than being walked out on without saying a word.