'Til then, we'll knock around and see

"Good morning, parents!" Lisa barged her way into the kitchen where Haein and Jisoo was sharing a plate of pancakes together. She rummaged around for a fork and helped herself to their breakfast. "Isshogood.." Lisa mumbled, chewing while her eyes are closed and her mouth full of pancakes.

Shaking his head, Haein fixed Lisa a cup of coffee which she accepted, smiling with her lips pursed because her mouth is still full of pancakes. He looked at her curiously. "Are you adopted? Coz I don't remember making you..." Haein said, looking at Jisoo and trying hard not to laugh.

"Doesn't look divine intervention to me either." Jisoo offered, obviously catching Haein's joke. This remark reduced Haein into fits of laughter. "Oh that's good." He said, rubbing his eyes as he leaned the side of his body closer to Jisoo. This did not escape Lisa's eyes as she continued to watch them with narrow eyes while eating the pancakes. This sight isn't new to her. In fact, she's been seeing Haein and Jisoo grow closer, literally and figuratively, but extremely more on the former. 

Initially, Lisa thought that Haein was just a little.. chivalrous. Like that one time Haein appeared out of nowhere when Jisoo was trying to lift a box of groceries, or when he shifts to a protective stance whenever they're out in the streets. Countless times she observed how his body automatically pivots towards Jisoo even when they're not talking.

And when they're not talking, it's like they can't take their eyes off of each other.

Sometimes, Lisa can't help but think if they are oblivious to their actions or they're well aware that they are basically all over each other. From the very first time Lisa saw them interact, that same morning Haein first served them coffee, she knew something like this will happen. And now that it is happening in front of her, she can't decide whether to be amused or stunned.

Now, she watched as Haein reach out towards Jisoo's neck to fix her collar nonchalantly without taking his eyes off of her as they talk about operational costs of all things. Lisa watched as Haein, after fixing Jisoo's collar, proceeded to lightly brush her hair behind her shoulder. Jisoo followed by tucking her hair behind her ear on the other side. A quick and wordless conversation passed between them in a split-second before Haein turned towards her. "Surf this afternoon?"

Lisa nodded as she ate another slice of pancake, her eyes narrowed suspiciously at Jisoo. Haein bid them goodbye and eventually stepped out of the kitchen, leaving the girls alone together.

"What was that?" Lisa asked, her eyebrow raised in question. "What was what?" Jisoo asked, unconcerned and unmoved by the nagging of her friend. She fixed her hair and collar to properly display her neck. "First base?" Lisa pushed, making Jisoo laugh.

"No way. Second?"

"Shut up, Lisa."

"Holy fuck." Lisa gasped, covering her mouth. "You like like him."

"Lalisa, do not get ahead of yourself please."

"Oh do not try and deflect this one. I see it! With my own eyes!"

Jisoo pursed her lips and looked at her with a well-calculated disinterest. "You see what you want to see, Lisa. There's nothing going on between the two of us. We're just.. partners."

That remark earned Jisoo a severe eye roll from Lisa, "God, you're even starting to sound like him."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Lisa faced her friend and looked at her squarely in the eyes. She reached out and grabbed both of Jisoo's arms and leaned closer, saying the next words with so much flourish to make her point. "In denial."

Stepping back, Lisa flashed Jisoo a triumphant smile. "Sooner or later, one will cave in. And when that time comes, I'll be the first to say I told you so."

A Homecomingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें