Chapter 01

TW: None, enjoy!

You slowly started to come to your senses, waking up in the warmth of your bed and the familiar surroundings of your bedroom. Your mind felt fuzzy, still messed up from the dream you had, you couldn't remember anything about it except for vague scenes that were quickly escaping your mind, leaving you with an uneasy feeling. While your mind was still trying to remember what you guessed was a bad dream you heard the creaking of your door opening, snapping you out of it and bringing your attention towards the person peering into the room.

Your dad stood there, head barely peeking in before he noticed you were awake, which made him step into the room and look at you while saying "Hey, you're already awake? I was about to wake you up for that convention thing you had today" Oh that's right, you were going to an anime convention with some friends today. You weren't super into anime but you've watched a few and read some mangas, definitely wouldn't call yourself a big fan but you would take any excuse to hang out with your extremely busy friend group nowadays.

"Oh shit, what time is it?" you asked, voice raspy and dry from a fairly long sleep "It's around 8:30 AM right now, I think" Thank fuck, you still have like an hour to get ready "Oh okay okay, bye" you said, basically just to let your dad know to leave your room "Alright, just let me know when you're heading out" Right after that your dad left you alone with your thoughts once again. You picked up your phone that was charging next to your bed and went straight to check your messages, seeing some new notifications from your friends group chat. After a few minutes of checking, you had a tragic realization, all these fuckers were going in full cosplay and didn't say anything until the last minute. Fucking great.

With a groan of annoyance you got up and went straight to your closet, looking for anything that would resemble any fictional character in the slightest.

Then you saw it, your savior.

A 7XL hoodie you thrifted weeks ago because it looked comfy as hell and forgot about until now, your eyes lit up in realization. You were going as Jesse-Motherfucking-Pinkman baby.

Now, realistically, you couldn't give less of a shit about Breaking Bad, however, it was impossible to escape the Walter White memes because of it becoming popular again. So, just like the saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them or whatever, and that's exactly what you did.

You grabbed a random tee, a beanie, some oversized jeans, a pair of sneakers and the absolute tackiest sunglasses you could find before throwing on the hoodie. Oh yeah, you looked just like the type of guy to sell meth in a random dark alley, perfect. You looked in your mirror saying "Yo yo, Mr. White" a few times before heading to the bathroom. You brushed your teeth, peed, showered and did all of your morning routine, such as staring at your face for like 5 minutes straight while trying to convince yourself that you were god.

When you were finally finished you checked your phone to see it was 9:30AM already, oh fuck. You quickly dashed out the bathroom door and towards the fridge to get an energy drink for breakfast, then sped to your bedroom, grabbed the backpack you had prepared the night before and headed to the front door before you quickly shouted "I'M GOING OUT NOW!!". Not giving any time for your poor dad to respond you closed the door behind you and started speed walking to the bus stop near your house, where all of your friends decided to meet up to go to the convention together.

When you finally arrived you saw two familiar figures standing next to the bus stop, you checked your phone where it clearly said 9:39 AM, the time you were all supposed to be at the bus stop. You approached the two people who you recognized in the distance to be [Friend1] and [Friend2]. "Heya, where is everyone else? We were supposed to be here at 9:39 right?" Both of your friends quickly greeted you before [Friend1] said "[Friend3] is running late and I think they're bringing everyone else with them. We'll have to wait for the next bus I guess". Damn, of course [Friend3] is running late, I don't know why you expected anything else. You all just sat on the benches on the bus stop while talking about whatever popped into your head for about five minutes before you guys saw a car finally pull up. Out came [Friend3], [Friend4] and [Friend5], all with large bags that resembled the ones your other companions were holding themselves. If you had to guess they looked like gym bags but considering the circumstances and how lazy these motherfuckers were you guessed they probably had their cosplay shit in there.