Chapter 02

TW: Just some slightly sad stuff in this one, but nothing too much. Enjoy!

Before you realized, nightime was quickly approaching. You guys were about to head out when you remembered you wanted to buy some stickers from the Artist's Alley before leaving, you turned to your friends and asked them to wait for you while you went there. They said they would wait for you at the bus stop, which you trusted and headed back towards the building without any second thoughts.

After rushing out, stickers in hand however, your trust on your friends was quickly shattered when you saw the familiar bus stop come into view, almost completely empty except for 4 green figures. You checked your group chat only to see a message from [Friend2], apologizing and claiming that the bus had arrived and they got on in a rush, not knowing when the next one would arrive. Of course those fuckers would leave you behind, you don't know why you expected anything else from them. You sighed, not even bothering to answer and walked towards the bus stop, trying to not make your sad expression painfully obvious.

As you got closer you realized the four people still there were the guys you spent the whole day with, at least that's something positive. You arrived at the stop and sat at the benches, giving the guys a little wave when you walked past them, and started to take out your headphones. You were about to put them on when a big hand stopped you, looking up you saw it was Ralph, looking down at you with a sympathetic expression "Hey man, you doing alright?". You wondered if it really was that obvious that you were feeling down "Yeah, guess I just gotta wait for the next bus. What line are you guys gonna take?" You asked, looking away a bit, you were never really good with eye contact. "We gotta get on the 69, what about you?" You were confused, that was the line that you had to take, but didn't one pass like, 2 minutes ago? "I also have to take that one, but didn't one pass, like, while you guys were here?".

The rest of the guys approached the two of you and Mickey took the spot next to yours on the bench, scratching the back of his neck nervously before speaking "Uhhh, okay, so, we kinda felt bad leaving you alone so we stayed to take the next bus with you". You felt your cheeks heating up a bit at that and your heart start to beat a little faster, you quickly looked at the ground to hide your face. "Th-Thank you, but you guys didn't have to do that y'know? I feel bad making you stay here with me" You cursed yourself for stuttering before looking up, Raphael suddenly and unexpectedly pulling you into a hug. "Don't worry about it man, we wanted to spend some more time with ya". You kinda chuckled a bit at how comfortable Raphael seemed around you in such a short time. You thanked all of them for staying with you, the sadness from before slowly fading away. You guys were just sitting there, talking for a while, Raphael still holding you for some reason, until the next bus arrived.

After a few weird stares from both the driver and most passengers you guys sat down just like you had done that same morning with your friends, all in the back row, with you taking a window seat next to Donnie. Trying to muster up all the confidence you could, you looked towards him and with a small smile you said "Hey, thanks a lot for waiting for me, you guys are really sweet". Donnie looked stunned, cheeks turning a bit red before he started rambling about it not being a big deal.

Damn, he really doesn't get compliments often huh? You interrupted him after a bit to ask "Oh, by the way, could I get you and your brothers numbers? or any social media? I had a great time and want to keep in contact, only if you want to though". You really did have a great time and thought these guys were really cool, however you saw a look of hesitation flash across Donnie's face, making you reiterate "It's totally okay if you don't wanna, I don't wanna make you guys uncomfortable nor anything". Now panic was flashing through his face as he said "NONO, I mean, I would love to keep in contact, don't worry. Here, my number is (555) 420-6969". You quickly opened your contacts and wrote the number down, adding {Donnie, purple turtle guy} as the contact name, for now. After you were finished he mentioned "I'll send you my brother's numbers later, just text me so I can add you". You nodded and quickly texted the number, so Donnie could add you later.