Chapter 06

TW: Weed, still no idea if it's a trigger??? anyway, enjoy!

You were walking down the street, away from your house and to the alleyway you knew was just around a block and a half away. You tried your hardest to not look suspicious enough for police to immediately stop you if they saw you but also intimidating enough so that no one would try to mug you. Your silent prayers for safety seemed to be answered as you arrived at the alley still in one piece. You walked in, it's location being almost perfect for the occasion, between an apartment building, much like your own, that didn't have any windows facing the alley and a completely abandoned bar.

You walked further in, until you reached the dead end part of it, and thanked any and all deities above that it was empty. You sat down on the least disgusting looking part of the ground, which wasn't saying a lot, and pulled out your baggie. Then came the uncertainty and the doubt. I mean, why were you even doing this? Just out of boredom? If you just wanted to get rid of the weed you knew plenty of people who would take it, no questions asked. Was it because you wanted to experiment? Most likely, you felt like your life was extremely boring and bland, you wanted something to change it up. Oh, and Euphoria gave you extremely toxic and unrealistic expectations about what highschool life would be like.

You shook your head, once again trying to stop overthinking this, you turned your attention to the music playing from your headphones instead. Slowly but surely you got the first one out of the bag and quickly lit it up, puffing in and out some of the smoke quickly to make sure the fire didn't die out. You felt so grateful that you had payed attention when one of your friends taught someone how to smoke a joint for the first time. You finally took in a decently sized puff and swallowed it down, holding the smoke in for a few seconds before letting it out. Repeating the process for about a good 10 minutes and you were almost done with the first joint. Damn, that took kinda long just to finish that one, eh whatever, you basically had all night.

And so, around half the baggie in was when you realized that you were maybe pushing it too much. Your legs starting to feel a little numb and your mind struggling to focus on anything. You still kept on going, at the very least intending to finish your fourth one that you had already lit up.

But then you heard it, heavy footsteps, seemingly from way above, sounded near you. Not really thinking about it too much you just looked up to the building behind you, surprisingly meeting eyes with someone. You couldn't clearly see who they were with the moonlight hitting their back, but their black eyes seemed to almost pierce your soul, making you a little panicked. You tried to get up with wobbly legs, before three more shadows joined them, all with extremely similar eyes. Before you could fully get up you saw it, the weird shapes quickly descending upon the alleyway and towards you.

You shook with fear, struggling to process their quick movements as they reached the ground near you and almost surrounded you. You desperately tried to get up off the ground, pathetically failing to stand on your wobbly legs. You felt nervous sweat quickly covering your hands and face, paired with the chilled air of the night, you felt your body start to shake with fear and cold. Was this how you died? Is this the end for you? Tears threatened to spill from your eyes at that thought. You had always been so confident that whenever you died it would be because of suicide, you never really took dangerous situations this seriously. Your body just kept on shaking more and more, fear almost consuming you whole until you heard a familiar voice come from one of the figures.

"[Name]? Are you okay? Hey, what's wrong?" You looked up, eyes shiny from the tears that had started to form just seconds ago. Your eyes opened wider and you quickly wiped away your tears before throwing yourself towards the person in front of you, all fear completely gone from your body. "Raph you fucker, I thought I was about to get gutted. You guys need to clarify who you are before jumping off goddamn rooftops in front of people". Your words slowly started to sink in and you pulled away slightly, looking into the faces of your newly acquired friends. "Speaking of, why the fuck were you guys jumping off rooftops? And why are you in your costumes?" You looked towards each and every one of them, all of which carried nervous expressions and a light sweat covering their faces.