The new guy

The next day at school I saw Kevin listening to music in his headphones, he looked pretty sad so I went to him and asked what was wrong
- There's nothing wrong with me, I just feel sad when I listen to depressive songs, you know.
- Oh, what singer are you listening to?- he looked at me with a little smile and said
- I'm listening to Conan Gray, I really love his songs, he's the best singer I know.
- OMG!! You know him?? I thought I was the only one in the whole school!!!- he looked at me with a happy face like I were the only person he knows that listens to him- What song are you listening to?
- I'm listening to Family Line, this song remembers me of my father...
- Oh, what happened with him?
- Well... he left us when I was 4, so I don't remember a lot about him, I only know that he was bad for me, my brother and my mother,- he was trying not to cry while he was saying that- but that was the best for all of us. He is happier with his new family.
- I'm so sorry Kevin...
- That's ok, you didn't knew.
He paused the music and took off his headphones, then he looked and me and said to follow him.
It was 4 p.m. the classes ended and he took me to a café near to the park.
- Here we are.
- The café Sweet love?
- Yes, it's my favorite place on the city.
We entered in the café and sat next to the window. He asked for a tea and a toast, I asked for a coffee and a cake.
- I've never been here before.
- Why?- he seemed very curious when he asked that.
- I don't like love, and this café it's all about love, so I never wanted to come here.
He seemed very choked with my answer because he just said
- What? How can you hate love? It's just the most amazing thing ever!!! And the food here it's just the best in all Texas.
- Well I guess that's because love isn't real, it's just a game where people say the most amazing things to make you fall for them, and then they leave like you were never together.
- I didn't knew you thought that way.
We ate the food and then we took a walk around the park. It was a nice sunny day, and the flowers looked so pretty. We sat on a bench under a tree and we started talking more about ourselves. He said he moved here with her mother and his brother a year after their father left, he was on another school but they moved to another house that was closer to our school.
I talked a little bit more about me, that I was 16 years, I loved puppies and dance while listening to music, I also told him I write music and he seemed very interested.
- Oh my god, really??- he made a big smile while saying that- Can I listen to some of them pleaseeee???
He begged so many times that I sang to him one of my songs, he loved it.
- You're so good Emily!!! You should sing more of your songs on YouTube!!!
- I don't think I'm that good- he looked at me with a chocked face.
- You don't think you're that good??? You're voice it's just so perfect!!!
I smiled at him and we started talking about the singers we liked. We have a lot in common, and he's such a nice guy, and he's sweet, I like being around him, but I still kinda feel a little nervous. He makes me feel good like no one else.