Chapter 3: get in my car!

Tuesday, January 17, 7:30 pm, Birmingham, England.

pov from Valentina.

It's getting dark and I'm terribly bored. I don't know anybody here. Too bad, there is at least one pub in this godforsaken city!

- Elliot, do you know of a pub around here? I asked my butler.

- Well, I can only recommend the Garrison, Miss Luciano.

- Then the Garrison it is.

I called for a car and went to the Garrison.

It's not as bad as I expected, to tell you the truth. I sat at the bar and started an Irish whiskey. I analyzed the place while waiting for my order. The letter "S" is plastered all over the place. Intrigued, I turned my head and understood automatically. On the blurred glass separating the back room from the bar stood proudly the words "Shelby Distillery". And well.Fifteen minutes passed, along with two whiskeys and a cigarette. I was chatting with the bartender when suddenly.

- I thought I told you not to go out alone, especially at night. Said Thomas, who seemed to have come out of nowhere.

- Indeed. I said, lighting a cigarette.

- So what are you doing here?

- I'm having a drink and a chat with a very nice person. I answered, amused by his stern and annoyed look.

Ada and Finn entered at the same time.

- Well, here is our Italian. Ada said, ordering a gin with a simple gesture of the hand.

- Good evening Miss Luciano. Said Finn politely.

- Let's see, call me Valentina... Can you play darts Finn?

- Of course I can!

- Can you teach me? I heard that it is almost a national sport here.

- With pleasure.

The evening is most enjoyable, Finn is very funny and Ada is more than delightful Thomas as for him is... True to form.

- I'm organizing a dinner with some close friends tomorrow night, you should come. Ada says to me with a smile on her face.

- I'd love to! I said before throwing a dart as poorly as I could. I have to admit I'm not very good at it.

Quickly, it is past midnight.