Chapter 20: the end

Saturday, June 20, 1924, 10:30 am, Sicily

Valentina was in turmoil, she could barely stand while a dozen people were working around her.She was not dead that night, but God knows it was not far away. 1.5 centimeters to be precise.The brush with death had made her understand and realize certain things. But she really didn't have time to think about it.

- Tell me, doesn't it bother you that your daughter looks so much like Thomas? Giuliana asked, looking at the little girl.

- No, but God, it scares the shit out of me. Answered the young woman.

It's true that Martha was the spitting image of her father. Although she had inherited Valentina's incomparably fine features, Thomas's eyes and hair took over. She was a Shelby through and through.

- Are you sure you know what you're going to do today? Giuliana asked, brushing her thick brown hair.

- I don't have a clue. Confessed the Italian.

- Valentina, Emiliano would like to know if you would be very upset if he killed Pedro? Announced Finn suddenly, who had just entered the room while lifting his niece into the air.

- seriously? They could make an effort, it is her wedding day, dammit! Giuliana exclaimed.

Valentina nodded her head in agreement.

- By the way, are you sure you want to do that? Asked the young man.

Valentina was tired of this question, everyone had been asking her since eight in the morning.

- yes, Finn. She answered.

Saturday, June 20, 1924, 11:30 am, Sicily

Valentina was from now on alone, she looked tirelessly at her reflection, admiring her white dress, provided with a long train, of lace and pearl. It was perfect.

- you can enter. Valentina said to her father, who was waiting patiently on the other side of the door.

- Wow. Lucky said as he saw his daughter.

He had tears in his eyes.

- So... asked Valentina.

- You look absolutely beautiful.

- Thank you. I love you, daddy.

- I love you too, angel. Answered the elderly man, wiping a tear from the corner of his eye.They stood there without saying a word for a few minutes.