Chapitre7: good night!

Wednesday, January 19th, 00:30, London, England.

There are only about ten people left in the room, most of the guests have gone to bed. Here is a moment that I greatly dread.A glance at Giuliana and Finn is enough for me to understand that they wait for it more than anything else.

- Well, we're going to bed. Giuliana says to me with a mischievous look.

Here are two who will spend a good night!

- Good night! I say.

The idea of lying down in the same bed as Thomas makes me nauseous, but I am more than exhausted. So when Ostwald asked for a private meeting with Thomas, I was ecstatic.Diana leads me to my room.

- So, it's you! Declares Diana.

- the new wife of Mr. Shelby. She completed before my disconcerted air.

Ew. On the one hand, I want with all my heart to tell her that no, it would be no even for all the gold in the world. On the other hand, wouldn't it be strange to ensure that I hate him, but still spend the night with him? It certainly would. I just smiled politely and said a simple "good night Mrs. Mosley. "Before returning to my room.

Fortunately, this room contained a bottle of whiskey and cigarettes, enough to survive the night. I changed quickly and slipped under the sheets, with one goal in mind; to get to sleep before Thomas arrived.

It's one o'clock in the morning. Thomas is still not here and I'm still not sleeping. Something is keeping me awake, but I don't know what it is. Maybe part of me wants to know what would happen if I stayed awake until he came back. I thought to myself. The thought made my cheeks flush with heat. I closed my eyes, determined not to open them again until a new day. But too late, the door opened and closed again. And a few minutes later, even though my back was to him, I could tell that I was no longer alone in this bed.

- Are you asleep? Thomas asked after five long minutes of silence.

The sound of his voice sent a shiver down my spine.

- No, I'm not. I answered instinctively. Apparently, one part of me had crowded out another.

- Why is that? he asked.

- I can't get to sleep. What did Ostwald want? I now asked, lying on my back and staring at the ceiling.

- Nothing very interesting. Politics.

He's lying, I can feel it. But do I want to know more? Not really.

- Good night, Mr. Shelby. I say to end the discussion.

- Good night Valentina.

I turned on my side, ready to fall asleep suddenly. Am I dreaming or is his hand on my arm? No, I'm not dreaming, that's for sure. I turned again to face him.His face was perfectly lit by the moonlight. I felt as if his eyes were piercing my soul. He continued to stare at me without saying a word for probably the longest minute of my life. My heart was pounding and my cheeks were flushed. What the hell is going on?

Thomas' POV.

Her face is perfect. From the color of her eyes, to the shape of her mouth, to the tip of her nose. Every inch of this woman is perfect.I had planned to sleep with her since the second I saw her in that office and to be honest, I thought it would be easy for me. But apparently not. I don't know if it's the fact that she's resisting me or her persistence in contradicting me that attracts me, but I am obsessed with her. Since last night even more so. I hate it, but I can't help it.

Valentina's POV.

We said nothing, nothing at all. But without me even understanding what was happening, his lips were glued to mine. And although my brain kept screaming at me that I was crazy and to come to my senses, my body took over. I'd like to say that it was by instinct or habit that I found myself half-naked on him, but that would be a shameless lie. As for what followed, let's not talk about it!

To be honest, I don't know what came over me.

Thursday, January 20, 7:30 am, London, England.

The light of dawn coming through the curtains woke me up.I had slept well, far too well. To tell you the truth, I hated myself for having enjoyed the night so much. What I could say was that this yes was worth all the gold in the world.I could try to convince myself that I was dreaming, that it didn't really happen, but only if his arms weren't wrapped around my chest.Here I am in trouble!

To be continued...