Main: What's Really Gone /3

I was often the girl of few words... Sometimes even none.

The lights were eerily white. Artificial plants stood in each of the four corners. The sparse furniture was beige to light brown. The lack of windows blocked out any natural light, mentally suffocating my young six year old self.

"...You have told me this story many times before, and I understand how terrible it all sounds, but how does it make you feel?" The lady with long purple hair asked, sitting across from me at one couch, whereas I sat at another. A short table separated the two of us. As compassionate and patient as she was being...I didn't understand what she meant.

My head tipped downward, glossy eyes analyzing my lap as I fidgeted with a few loose strings on my pants.

"I...felt bad?" My voice was so soft, a butterfly fluttering past might drown it out.

"How so?"

"My arm. It was bloody. It really hurt."

"....Hhhh... (Y/n), you know that isn't what I mean..." The lady's smile dropped, appearing disappointed. My hands began to shake as I made eye contact with her again. She wanted something from me I didn't know how to provide.

You see... Emotions were a foreign concept to me. And like expecting someone who didn't even know how to read music notes to replay the entirety of Mozart's masterpieces, it was all too alienating to be asked how I felt.

And yet...

"Ms. Qila..?"

"Hm? Yes?"

"How would...you feel..?" I was drawn to understanding this foreign concept like none other.

The woman tilted her head, a bit surprised. But there I sat, my big, dark brown eyes carefully examining her every movement. "I...would probably feel quite sad."

"Yeah. M-me me too."

----------------------------------------------

BRAP! BRAP! BRAP!

I turned the alarm off and laid back down in bed. A haze was over my mind, like the one I fell asleep in. ...Strange, I was back in my bed and everything... Oh well. Someone must have found and carried me back home or something.

Rolling over, I pulled the thin gray blanket over me again in an attempt to forget the day's troubles and just sleep it off. Not long later, my eyes closed and I slept.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Uuughghhhh..." I groaned at the door behind me.

"(Y/n)! You're going to be late for your first day at UA! Your dad's already on his way there!" What?? I pushed myself up and turned my body around so I could squint again at that calendar. Realizing it was a paper one that wouldn't update unless I did that, I shuffled to the other side of my bed and grabbed my phone from atop the desk next to it. Turning to the online calendar, WHAT???

It was the same day as before!..and the day before that!! My gosh, I really WAS in a time loop! My chest tightened and I realized I was holding my breath. I gasped and forced myself to breathe. But after half a second of panicking, my heavy eyes and heavy heart got the better of me. "I'm good." I groaned, just rolling over to sleep once more. I would only be expelled again if I did go. Be easier to just stay here and relax while I had the chance. Despite my mom later barging in and trying to convince me to go, I remained bed bound.

"Well in that case, you're grounded!!" Shocked by my lack of even getting up.

"Like I care.." Adding a little sarcasm as I pulled the blanket over me completely. With a huff, my mom left the room.