Gray: Opening Opportunities /9

Bakugo is a lil different because:
1. I wanted to make him more than angee man.
2. The 100 1st days were purposefully designed to be a smaller version of his character arc, which developed him a little quicker than in the og story. (At least that was my intention.)
===========================

     I needed to stand out among my peers. Show something about my personality and who I was as a person. Do something out of the norm that would grab their attentions. Do something they would remember.

     Except I couldn't really think of a "personality trait" of mine other than gaming.

     . . .

     Sigh.

     Arriving at school that morning was a little odd. After zipping the glass jar away in my backpack, I noticed a crap ton of people standing outside the gate.

     Aww, heck, no. Just as Dad predicted, the press was here for All Might. I sighed, turned around, and went the other way. Was I giving up? Of course not. I had a class to attend, after all.

     I walked into a much denser part of the brush standing against the large wall and crouched down. Stripping the backpack off of me, I got on all fours and crawled through a little hole my old friend had made in the wall. This had thankfully not been discovered yet, and I was just barely small enough to fit through still. After I was through, I grabbed for the bag behind me and pushed and pulled a few vines around to cover my tracks. Ahh, it was nice always having a Plan B.

--------------

     I opened the door to the classroom, standing in its frame with a deadpan kind of look I thought would be comical in contrast to what I was about to unleash upon the class.

     "Guys, I found this weird bug." I held out a jar in my palm, a massive, strange beetle inside.

     One of the kids, despite being at the far end of the classroom, sprung up from his seat and pressed his back against the furthest wall, rocky-looking skin sweating profusely. Other than him, hardly anyone else batted an eye.

     Strange...

     The bug trick used to work all the time in elementary school.

     I huffed and dragged my feet over to my desk where I plopped into my chair. Setting the beetle on the desk beside me, I opened my backpack and dug through it again. Yes, I had a locker. But I liked keeping the backpack around with me to carry all the other random objects I liked having at my disposal. The striped beetle spun in a circle inside its jar as I readied my pens and papers on the desk.

     Suddenly, the door slid open. Everyone ceased their murmuring immediately, silent all of a sudden.

     My dad entered quietly, sloucher and a little crankier than usual. He stopped at his little podium/desk thing and just stared. His dead-lookin' eyes scanned from one side of the class to the other, slowly, until they at last landed on me.

     "(Y/n), put the bug away."

     "Awh.." I pouted quietly. I'd already started to draw it on the back of my homework.

     Reluctantly, I slid the jar back into my bag, reminding myself where I had caught it earlier so I could hopefully set it free there after.

     As I did that, Mr. Aizawa criticized Bakugo and ...Deku I think.. about their performance yesterday. When he was done with that.

     "Oh yeah, there is one other thing you will be doing today. ... You will be choosing a class president." The class erupted into a panicked fury, everyone determined on being the class president themself! My dad crept back into his sleeping bag and huddled in the corner to get some shut eye, leaving me alone in this chaos.