Gray: As I Go /4

BRAP! BRAP! BRAP!

One disappointing look at the calendar on my phone told me all the previous day was for nothing. Bummed as I was, I no longer felt like just laying around.

So, I decided to go on a little adventure!

"Bye, Mom!" I raced out of my room, grabbed the car Keyes from the kitchen drawer, and narrowly evaded my mother on my way out.

"Wait!! Let me give you a hug fir... Huh?" She had no time to process my quick leave.

I ran outside, opened the garage door, inserted the key, started the engine, tore off the top of my uniform to reveal a plain black T-shirt, and drove on outta there! Wooo! Freedom! Time to find out what I really liked! Maybe then, this time loop would finally end! That's how it worked, right?

Question though was... Where was I going??

I pulled out a paper map and pointed to a random spot on it. That should work! All that mattered was that I was doing something instead of just sitting around. Hopefully, the randomness of it would make it harder for anyone on my case to figure out where I was headed.

---------------

Only ten minutes away from home, I could already feel a smile crawl onto my face. I always loved it when my family went on road trips, as long as they weren't too long and the boys were well fed. And man, it was nice to see more than just the insides of my own room for a change. I rolled down the windows...just to get a breath of fresh air.

   ....boom...

        .....Boom!....

              ......BOOOM!

With terror, I turned my attention to the rear view mirror, showing me none other than a certain blondie. He jumped from car to car behind me down the busy street, explosions shooting behind him whilst he was mid air. The vehicles around him swerved and honked, but he didn't care.

     Thud!

The teen latched on to the top of my family van, immediately shouting at me through the window he knew was open.

"YOU THOUGHT YOUR USELESS PRISON TRIP WOULD STOP ME!?!" My eyes widened. I had never imagined he would dare make THIS kind of a scene, even if he knew he was in a time loop! Mr. Spiky kicked in the back window and slid himself through as though this wasn't his first breaking-and-entering.. Oh wait... It wasn't. "TURN THIS BUS AROUND NOW!"

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP, I'M DRIVING!?!" I whirled my head around to glare back at this kid. He was fuming, but thanks to his exhaustion and my swerving he just latched onto one of the back seats, panting. I swerved just enough to take his balance off but thankfully not enough to ram into another on the packed three lane highway.

"HOW THE HELL ARE YOU DRIVING ANYWAYS?! YOU'RE NOT EVEN EIGHTEEN!!"

"WELL HOW THE HELL DID YOU TRACK ME DOWN?! YOU SOME KIND OF SICK STALKER LION!?"

"SHUT THE HELL UP, EXTRA! JUST END THIS STUPID TIME LOOP SO I CAN GET YOUR A## IN JAIL!"

"NOT AFTER I GET YOUR A## IN JAIL!!!"

"LOOK OUT, YOU IDIOT!!" The blondie pointed ahead. I shifted my full attention to the road just in time to dodge a massive concrete wall dividing the turning lane from the rest of the road. I continued down the highway, sweat building on my forehead as I realized just how intense this situation really was. One wrong move and I could be DEAD!

The other teen sat himself down on the floor with a cross look on his face. He impatiently waited for me to drive elsewhere. A few minutes later of stressing, I diverged from the main road at last and onto a much smaller but equally busy one. City stood all around us, so I was surprised no cops had shown up. At last, when I sat there at a stop light, I leaned back in my chair. A massive sigh left with all the stress building in my chest.