20k Special: Reader's Choice

EUNJI'S POV:

It's been two weeks since Soo Ji informed me that she and her husband were filing for divorce. For the most part, she has been healing and Sulli has been processing this as well as you can imagine. She clearly misses her father, but she is slowly becoming aware that she would not be seeing him regularly. Yoongi and I are getting ready for the dance practice for DNA and picking up Sulli to watch over her. While we were heading for the car, Yoongi asked, "Do you have everything?"

I nodded, "I have the masks, hats, snacks, water, coloring books, and markers since she hates crayons."

Yoongi smiled at me, "You would make a great mother one day."

I chuckled, "Sure, if the child is anything like you. I'll only have to shower them with love so they'll never have to question how I feel about them."

Yoongi laughed as we loaded the car. Once we got in the car, I was in charge of driving so Yoongi could take a nap. Yoongi said, "I could've drove."

"And have us pulled because you were swerving? Not on my watch. Now, rest while you can because Sulli will want to be entertained," I told him with a reassuring smile.

Yoongi nodded, then I pulled out of the driveway. On the way, Yoongi was lightly snoring so I knew that I was doing a good job. He always claimed that he's a better driver because he can also drive a truck, but I know how to keep a car steady. Once I reached Soo Ji's house, Yoongi woke up. He asked, "We're here already?"

I nodded, "We are, my puffy kitty."

His face was slightly swollen from his nap, but it should go down before we reached the building. Yoongi looked at me with his eyes half open, "Call me that again and you'll see what this 'kitty' is capable of when we get home."

I laughed, then I went to the front door and knocked on the door. Soo Ji opened the door and sighed, "Hello, Unni. About time you got here. Sulli was talking my ear off about your arrival."

Then I heard Sulli's excited footsteps coming toward the door, "Aunt Eunji!"

I bent down and hugged her, "It's nice to see you too, Sulli."

Sulli hugged me back, then hugged Soo Ji, "I'll be on my best behavior, Eomma."

Soo Ji hugged her back and smiled, "That's important, but have fun as well, alright?"

Sulli nodded, "Yes, Eomma."

I smiled, "We need to get going."

Sulli nodded and gave her mother one more hug. I lead Sulli outside and helped her in the back seat of the car. She noticed Yoongi and said, "Hello, Uncle Yoongi."

Yoongi was fully alert when he heard the greeting and smiled at her, "Hello, Sulli. How are you?"

While it was a normal question, I can tell that Sulli misses her father. I could also see that she was trying to not let it bother her, "I'm doing well."

Yoongi noticed this as well and his face softened, "Sulli, you don't have to put on a brave face. If something is bothering you, you can tell us."

While I was driving, Sulli looked down, "I miss Appa. I am also sad that Eomma is sad all the time. Eomma told me that Appa did something bad and he won't live with us anymore."

I was impressed that Soo Ji told Sulli that much, but knowing my sister, she would intentionally not tell Sulli the bad thing that her soon-to-be ex-husband did until Sulli is older. I said, "Well, that's why we and the rest of your uncles are working to cheer you and Eomma up."

Sulli gave me a small smile, "Even Uncle Jungkook?"

I tried not to laugh, "Yes, even Uncle Jungkook."