VII. From Eden

Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago

Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword

Innocence died screaming, honey, ask me I should know

I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door

The journey back to Wintanceaster had not been a pleasant one. The dead man in his grave left everyone frightened, and for the first time in her eighteen years, she gladly returned to the Saxon kingdom. Jaehaera sank into her bed happily, then after what only felt like minutes, she felt her blanket getting dragged off of her. She opened her eyes to find Sihtric over her with a smug look on his face. One that had she been fully awake she might have found attractive. Now she wanted to rip it off. "Sihtric," she groaned, as she yanked her blankets away from him. "Get out of here, you utter buffoon."

"Have you forgotten about Aethelflaed's wedding already?" Sihtric chuckled as he tried again, but this time she laid on top of most of them, so he could try all he liked, but he wasn't getting them. "And Thyra's."

"Sihtric, I am warning you," she mumbled sleepily, "I will have to have your head for this. I will tell my father you wandered into my bed chamber. He couldn't possibly be too happy about that."

"Lady," Sihtric groaned, though he smiled at her antics. "Please, you will be late and it will be my fault somehow. Shall I get the bucket?"

Jaehaera opened her eyes and killed him over and over in her mind. "You will regret this," she threatened.

Sihtric just smirked and nodded, "oh, I am sure." He turned to leave, then paused at the door, "don't even think about falling asleep again, I have Clapa ready with the bucket. He has been itching to get you back." And with that, he closed the door for her to get dressed in private.

She groaned before throwing her blankets off to change out of her sleeping dress. She changed into a dark emerald green dress with flowy sleeves. It had laces in the front as well as the back which she had to call for Hild's help with. She had finished getting dressed rather quickly and met with the others outside.

Sihtric and Finan saw her first, and they both seemed rather taken aback by the girl. They didn't see her cleaned up, and out of her armor very often, so they (Finan at least) forgot how truly beautiful the girl looked. She watched them watch her walk toward them with an awkward smile on her face. Jaehaera avoided their gaze and looked at the ground when she got to them. Clapa turned now and smiled down brightly at the beautiful girl.

"Lady," Finan began, "you look rather beautiful today," he told her with a bow of the head.

Jaehaera smiled shortly at the older man and nodded at him before messing with the seams of the sleeves. "Thank you," she mumbled quickly.

Sihtric couldn't seem to find the words, he just looked at her. Finan elbowed him in the ribs, and he stumbled closer to her. He quickly stepped one step back from her. "Jaehaera, you look," He began nervously, burning up with embarrassment.

"That bad?"

"No," he answered her quickly with a terrified look. He never wanted her to think that he would ever think she looked bad. "No, no never. You look, you know," he mumbled quickly, rubbing the back of his neck. Hild and the two other adults watched with amusement. "You look," he chuckled, looking at Finan for help, which he didn't receive.

"Think about it," she teased.

Sihtric took a breath, and smiled sheepishly at her, "you look radiant."