XIX. Angels on the Moon

And don't tell me if I'm dying

'Cause I don't wanna know

If I can't see the sun, ah, maybe I should go

Don't wake me 'cause I'm dreaming

Of angels on the moon

Where everyone you know never leaves too soon

Finan and Jaehaera raced through the streets and they began to hear shouts of "Fire!" sound around them. Jaehaera's heart sank a thousand feet, and she stopped in her tracks, afraid to go any further. Men rushed in the direction of her aunt's home, and she closed her eyes. Finan's arms found her and held her up. "Jaehaera, quickly, we have to go," He told her calmly.

At the sound of his voice, she opened her eyes once more and once again ran to find her aunt. When they found the house it had begun to be engulfed in flames. She saw Sihtric and Rickon try with others around to put out the fire with water buckets, but it was no use. "No," Jaehaera gasped out when she heard Thyra's weak shouts for Beocca. "NO!" Jaehaera shouted once more. Sihtric and Rickon turned their heads at the sound of the girl's pained shouting. Jaehaera ran for the house, "Thyra!" she shouted for her aunt. Finan tried to grab her, but he barely missed her. "Thyra!" she shouted painfully once more through her sobs. She reached for the handle but recoiled in pain when the hot metal burned her skin.

"Jaehaera, get away from there!" Rickon shouted for her as he watched the roof above her go up in flames. Jaehaera ignored him and tried to beat down the door to no avail. "Jaehaera! Move now or you will go up with it!" She continued to sob as she kicked the door, ignoring shouts for her.

Sihtric couldn't watch anymore, he shoved his bucket into Finan's hands and raced for the girl before the roof came down on her. Jaeheara felt his arms wrap around her and pull her away. "No! No!" She shouted at him as she fought. "Sihtric let go! She's still in there! Thyra's still in there!" she cried out as she continued to fight him as he lifted her in the air and carried her away.

Men ran around them. Finan, Rickon, and Osferth as well tried desperately to dose the flames that threatened to bring the house down. "Fetch Father Beocca!" Finan shouted at Osferth, pushing him in the direction of the palace. "Fetch him, now! GO!"

Once Sihtric put her down safely away from the fire next to Finan, she went running from him to her aunt once more. "Jaehaera! No!" Sihtric yelled at her as he caught her around her waist.

"She's inside," She yelled at him once more through her sobs and shoved him away from her as people gathered. They watched as there was nothing they could do anymore. "Sihtric, please I have to help her!"

"Jaehaera, look!" he told her sternly. "There's nothing you can do!"

Jaehaera watched the flames rise higher and higher into the air and the roof that Jaehaera had stood under not moments before come crashing down. People around shouted in fear. She let out a painful wail and fought once more to free herself from Sihtric. Beocca had found them now and he ran through the crowd. "No! No, this is not happening!" he shouted as he ran. "Thyra!" he shouted as he pushed through the crowd. Distracted, Jaehaera pushed from Sihtric's arms as Finan and Rickon stopped Beocca from running into the house as well.

"Jaehaera! NO!" Beocca and the others yelled as Sihtric grabbed her once more. "I am here!" Beocca shouted for his wife. "I am here!" Rickon and Finan cried for the man as they held him while he shouted in vain for his wife.