SS: Chess

Before going to the quintuplets grade, I decided to go to a place and print out lectures and tests for girls.

When I finished making the printouts, I was about to leave the building and go teach the quintuplets, but I noticed an elderly man playing chess with himself.

Surprisingly, the game looked so interesting that I began to follow his moves.

The game ended with White's victory.

After that, he noticed that I was watching him play and decided to wave at me as if he was calling me to his place.

I decided to approach because I didn't want to look like a bad person.

"How long have you been watching?" he asked.

What should I do? I think we can talk to him for a bit.

"Since the bishop's move on h4," I said.

"So you memorized this move… Amazing"

"Rather, this move is amazing, because it was a strong move for white. I was unlucky that it was during this move that I passed by, and it was this move that made me watch the game to the end"

"You even understood that plan… You must be good at chess"

"Yes, I think chess is the only thing I'm good at."

"I see, will you play a game with me then?" - he asked.

It would have been embarrassing to turn down his offer, but I was sorry to seehim play alone.

And there is still time, so there should be enough time for a few games.

"Okay, I agree. I think we'll have time to play a couple of games, " I said.

"Do you have any plans for today?" - he asked.

"Yes, I still have to do some tutoring," I said.

"Okay, then let's play white."

I nodded at his suggestion.

After that, the games started.

I have to admit, he plays pretty well.

10 percent of the game is aboutmaking your ownmoves. And the remaining 90 is the answer to the opponent's moves.

Immediately after the end of our theoretical moves, light pieces were exchanged.

At the end of this exchange, I had a chance, thanks to which the opponent had almost no chance of winning.

In the end, he gave up.

"Very good, you must have a high level," he said.

"You play well too"

"Do you mind playing some more?"

"Good time allows me to do this"

Then we set up the game, but now I play as the black pieces.

This time, he has already started playing differently.

His moves were more risky and good at the same time.

By the end of the game, White had mostly 2 rooks. When I had a queen with a knight and a pair of pawns from the pieces.

I decided to end the gamebecause he miscalculated.

I check with the queen, and then his king retreats to the upper-right corner. He was protected by rooks and pawns, which gave me the victory.

I check with my knight, and then the king moves out of the corner.

Next, I remove the knight, making a double check with the queen and knight, after which it goes back to the corner.