Festival

"Seriously?! The fireworks festival will start soon… Why do we have to stay home and do our homework? " said Nino.

At the moment, I was in the house of the quintuplets. Recently, I decided to find out if they did their homework or not. When I found out that the quintuplets didn't do it, I made it a condition that if they completed their homework, they could be free that day.

"Nino, I'll say it again for you. Because you girls didn't do your homework over the weekend."

To be honest, I'm a little surprised. After all, all five of them were sitting and doing their homework when they just ran away like before. This fireworks festival is very important to them since they even agreed to the contract.

"Remember, you won't go to the festival until you've done your homework."

After a while, they finally finished.

"Finally finished!" said Yotsuba.

"Let's go faster, or we might be late for the fireworks," Nino said.

"Ayanokouji-kun, before we left, my father told me to give you something," Itsuki said.

Then she hands me a thin envelope. On the envelope waswritten the words 'salary'. Looks like my hard work paid off.

"Well, let's see what's inside..."

The nvelope looked very thin, suggesting that the bills were large. I open the envelope and see 5 10,000 yen bills inside.

"5,000 yen for 5 people a day. A total of 50,000 yen in 2 days, " I said.

"Right, you're satisfied?" said Itsuki.

"I can't accept this"

"Why not?"

"I've only visited your house twice, but I haven't been able to do anything."

I handed the envelope back to Itsuki. All eyes were on me again.

"What's true? What about the sexual harassment before us?" said Itsuki.

"We have already resolved this misunderstanding"

"Oh well, I'm not going to take the money back. This is your salary do whatever you want with it"

And that's how I got my first paycheck honestly earned. What can I spend it on?

"I think I'll go. Good luck with your time at the fireworks festival, " I said.

"Wait, Kiyotaka, aren't you going to go to the festival?"  Miku asked.

"I have to say no"

"Why not? Come to the festival with us! " said Yotsuba.

"Yes, come with us. No one objects to your presence. Yes, girls? " said Ichika.

I looked at each of them and none of them expressed any dissatisfaction. Even Nino, who always hates me. Perhaps that day affected her, because when my gaze passed over her, she looked away from me.

"Okay, I'll go with you."

×××

Today they look more cheerful than usual.

"When are the fireworkscoming?" asked Nino."

"From 7 to 8 p.m.," Miku replied.

"Oh, so another hour of free time. Why don't we buy some food?"  Ichika said.

It's so crowded, I'm not used to being in places like this. Now you can delete one item from the list, namely go to the festival.

"Ayanokoji, why are you up? Faster, Faster!" said Yotsuba.