School trip. Second day. Part 1.

Now I am watching how my classmates, along with other students from my school, are trying to prepare food for all of us.

But among all the students, one student stood out.

– Then we’ll do the curry. And you guys will steam the rice.

- Yeah...

I think there is no point in introducing this student, because it will be unnecessary.

Continuing to observe the fire, I increasingly hear praise towards this student.

- Wow, Nino, you chop vegetables so quickly...

– I just often do household chores.  So I don't have a problem with that.

When the fire finally started to burn hotter, I threw in more wood and went on to observe.

As I walked past the students, I noticed Ichika among them, helping other students.  I saw her pick up a wet, empty glass from one of the students.

– You don’t need her anymore, right?  Then I'll clean it out.

- Y-Yes.

Having reached my destination, I took the rice and carried it with me back to the fire.

Passing by Ichika again, I heard a conversation between two guys, from whom Ichika took a glass.

– Nakano-san is so beautiful and caring.  She's absolutely perfect, no matter how you look at it.

– Oh, buddy, I wish she would clean my room too.

Maybe I should explain to this guy that Ichika’s room is a mess?  No, you shouldn't waste your time on this.

Then I noticed the loud sound of wood splitting.  This is Yotsuba chopping wood for the fire.  And she does it very well, because next to her lies a huge pile of split firewood.

Looks like Yotsuba went overboard with her work.  She overdid it so much that the male students are now trying to stop her.

- That's enough already!  You don't have to keep chopping wood!

- Ahahaha!  But it's so much fun!

When I got back, I set the rice to cook, and then decided to do one more round, and then go back.  Just in case, I started the timer on my phone and left.

I passed by Nino and Ichika, they were going about their business, which they were doing before.  Walking further, I saw Itsuki standing at the stove with a phone in her hands.

– Are they already cooked, too?

Then she looked at her phone.

- Although, wait.  There's still 3 seconds left until 15 minutes.

Are you being too clingy?

On the other side of Itsuki, I saw other girls urging Mika not to add unnecessary ingredients to her food.

- Miku-chan!  What are you trying to add?

- Miso.  Secret ingredient.

- Put it on your plate!

Looking around the space again, I did not notice Yotsuba’s presence.  Recently I was just chopping wood, but now she’s not here.  It is likely that she found something else to do elsewhere.

Finally returning back to the rice, I saw a guy I knew next to him.

I feel it will be awkward because of the recent incident with him.

Sitting down next to him, I wanted to check if the rice was ready.

- I hope the rice is ready.

- Hello, stump.