Chapter 12 - bonding in the shower

listen as you read ⬆️⬆️

a few days pass and henry once again, slept over at ralph's house. usually, it would be ralph who would sleepover at henry's but since his parents were out, they decided it would be best if they both stayed over at ralph's instead. Both of them were in the bathroom, henry was taking a shower and ralph was sitting on the toilet cover, on his phone. Talking as they were doing their own thing in the bathroom.

H - "dude, where is your body wash??"
R - "have you been seriously just standing in the shower with the water all this time?"
H - "yea"
R - "oh my goddd.."

Ralph stood up and yanked the shower curtain back to reveal a naked, light brown haired boy covering his body parts.

H - "You coulda just described me it yknow?"
R - "whatever, here"
H - "thanks"

ralph let go of the shower curtain, not even bothering to close it all the way and went to the mirror. seeing how foggy it was, he drew henry's name in different sizes and fonts along with little doodles. it was pretty quiet, with ralph's finger making a rubbery sound as he pressed it against the mirror, the water splashing from the shower head and onto the ground. it was all peaceful until ralph broke the silence.

R - "hey henry?"
H - "hm?"
R - "can i.. wash your hair for you?"
H - "h- hwhy.." (scoffing as he said why)
R - "i don't know, just cause i want to maybe?"
H - "i mean.., sure i guess?"

Henry put the plug in for a bath and turned off the shower head, turning the bath faucet on instead. as the water started to run, he squeezed the bottle of body wash into the running water. Creating bubbles.

H - "well, it would be better if you'd just get in to wash my hair"
R - "i know"

Ralph started to strip and henry looked for a shampoo that was to his liking. Ralph had tons because he's picky about the smells, henry just grabbed a almond one hoping that ralph wouldn't mind. as soon as ralph saw the bottle he complained.

R - "FUCK NO YOUR NOT USING THAT"!
H - "why not haha"
R - "the fuck you mean why not?! it's gonna ruin your chrysanthemum tea scent"
H - "never knew you cared some much for how'd much i smell, and how the fuck do you even manage to come up with that typa smell. and besides, this shampoo barely has any scent to it anyway"
R - "to you! not to me dummy. your nose is blocked like a fucking river being blocked by a thick ass dam built by beavers"
H - "haah, what kind of insult is that.?!"

Henry picked up another shampoo, it was a orange-y citrus one.

H - "here is this fine??"
R - "mm.. i guess.."
H - "and you say my nose is fucking clogged, your nose is built like a damn dogs!"
R - "oh shut up and move!"

henry kept on chuckling and moved to the front a little so ralph could sit on the back. henry's hair was already wet so all ralph had to do was just apply shampoo to it and massage it. Ralph got in and henry laid his back against him, ralph grabbed the shampoo and squeezed some out onto his palm.

H - "no homo by the way"

Ralph just rolled his eyes and smirked. he started to massage henry's head, intertwining his fingers in his silky light brown hair. foamy bubbles started to form against his fingers and the places he rubbed. Henry tilted his head back a little more and he started to get less tense, he closed his eyes and started to feel relaxed.

H - "M-mmh.."

Henry slightly groaned and ralph just chuckled.

H - "you got some good finger work dudeee"
R - "ya think?"
H - "mhm, and yet your still nervous to finger a girl"
R - "shut the fuck up"
H - "haha"

Ralph's POV:

Huh... this smell kinda does suit him, though i still like his sweet floral scent better. I don't like floral smells, like roses or lavender. but i do like chrysanthemums, especially if their made into tea. I snap out of my thoughts as henry started to fully lay his back and head on me, he isnt as heavy as he thought. but it wasn't surprising, i like how he's relaxed and not stressed out in this current moment. Though i think the thought of me making him relaxed is making me happy, i'm not complaining tho.

R - "hey henry?"
H - "hm?"
R - "i'm not trying to get in your business or what every but, whats up with you and louise?"
H - "first of all, your my best friend. anything that's my business is your business, it's also the other way around. And- what do you mean??"
R - "i don't know, it's like.., ugh i don't know how to explain it"
H - "like i've gone soft, or at least for him?"
R - "yes!, that"
H - "to be honest, i don't even know myself. Why, you jealouss?"
R - "what? no!"
H - "mhmm"
R - "whatever henry, just fuck off"
H - "hahaaa.. by the way, are you ever gonna get your bathroom remodeled?"
R - "why??"
H - "mnm (hum for idk response), you bathroom is kinda small"
R - "i know youre not talking, your bathroom is way smaller than mine!"
H - "whateverr, i was js sayin anyway"

My bathtub isn't even that small, it isn't small at all to be honest. it was the size of a jacuzzi inside one of those fancy suites. henry was managed to put his head under water because of how deep it was while sitting, we were just laying on small steps so that's why we were able to keep our bodies afloat. henry shook off the shampoo as he was under water, when he pulled back up to the point where the water was at shoulder length,( remember they're sitting, not standing LMAO ) he shook his head like a dog. getting water everywhere, i laughed and whined.

R - "awh henryyy!"
H - "heheh"

henry sat back down so i can condition his hair, we talked as i did. asking questions like 'who would you date if you were gay' or 'what do you want for breakfast' all that stuff. after that, i helped henry dry his hair and we watched a couple episodes of south park and went to sleep.

- 1073 words