Chapter 14 - sickness overload

listen as you read ⬆️⬆️

Henry was boiling water for ralph's tea, as he
was waiting he got a text from his mother.
________________________________
mom 🖕🏼
11:58 AM

M < ( henry )

( what ) > H

M < ( on your way back from Ralph's, can you go to the pharmacy and get that liquid medicine for fevers? Peter's caught a cold. )
M < ( be back at 3 or earlier. )

( ok ) > H
________________________________

Henry's POV:

jesus! why is everyone getting a cold all of a sudden?? ugh. Oh, the waters boiling. I turn off the stove and grab the kettle. I pour the hot water into the mug with a bag of chamomile tea, i stir it around with a spoon and grabbed a pill of tylenol. I went up the stairs to see ralph fast asleep, not surprised because he falls asleep quickly. i then heard ralph's parents pull in the garage. i place the hot tea and pill on his night stand along with a note i wrote. I then went over to the window and closed his blinds and then curtains. I grabbed my bag, put on my socks and dashed for the stairs. i stopped in my tracks though, i turned around slightly and walked up to ralph. carefully moving his hair out of his face, i leaned down and kissed his forehead. I got flustered and ran downstairs to get my sweater that was on the kitchen chair. as i put it on, I saw ralph's mom walk though the doorway, his dad following behind her.

R's mom - "Oh! surprise seeing you here henry..."
H - "yea, ralph caught a cold so i thought i should go since i have to pick up medicine for my brother anyway."
R's - "a-alright, stay safe"
R's dad - "next time you come over, use a condom."

3rd person POV:

Ralph's mom nudged him and yelled at him. henry just blushed in response as he put on his shoes.

R's - "What? i was just saying!"
H - "Sir, i guarantee you that i haven't done anything dirty with your son when i was here. Now if youll excuse me, i really do have to get going"
R's mom - "right.. be careful"

Henry rushed out the door and walked to the pharmacy to get the medicine. he walked through the door and went to one of the aisles to find the tylenol. he grabbed one of the boxes and aswell as a chocolate bar, he went to go check out and was surprised to see who the cashier was.

H - "louise?"
L - "henry?"
H - "what are you doing here?"
L - "i work here!, what are you doing here"
H - "my stupid brothers sick so i'm getting tylenol for him"
L - "oh, well my dad is sick and my moms currently taking the day off to take care of him right now"
H - "huh.., well ralph is also sick"
L - "damnn, tell him that i hope he gets better"
H - "i will, everybody's getting sick today. it's weird innit?"
L - "yeaa, and- don't worry, this is on me"

Louise pulls out his wallet and pays for henry's stuff.

H - "no way! thanks lou"
L - "mhm, have a nice day"
H - "you too, hope you don't get robbed"
L - "just don't jinx it"

Both of them laughed as henry walked out. Henry plugged his earbuds in his phone and put it in his ears as he popped a piece of the chocolate bar in his mouth. he walked down the pavement until he reached his house, he stood outside with his keys in his hand. He took a deep breath in and out as he unlocked the door and went in.
-
Ralph's POV:
( i like switching between POVs lolol )

I wake up after i hear my parents turn on the tv, i sit up and rubbed my eyes. i blinked
a few times, trying to adapt to the scenery. I look over at my nightstand and see a cup of tea that's now warm and a pill along with a note. i slowly grab the note and bring it close to my face to see what it said.
________________________________
I've made chamomile tea for you with a pill of tylenol next to the it. You've caught a cold and i had to go home because my mom said so. Please rest and take things easy. <3

yours truly, Henry
_____________________________

i blushed at the note. i put it back on the nightstand and turns the tea, swallowing the pill afterwards. I love how henry only cares for me, sure he cares for his family but he's still kinda rude to them. Though he's so sweet to me. Everything about him was perfect. his hair, his smile, his eyes. ..

holy shit. i love henry..

i heard my mom come up the stairs so i quickly calm down.

R's mom - "Hey hon, you alright? feeling better yet?"
R - "yea"
R's - "that's good, let me check your temperature"

my mom put a thermometer in my mouth and waited a minute as she picked up the mug.
R's - "your fever has gone down. yknow, we wouldn't have known you've caught a cold if henry didn't tell us. honestly, he doesn't seem as horrid as everyone says. sure he was rude when he was younger, but he's grown now. i want you two to take good care of each other"
R - "don't worry ma, we will"

my mom smiles as me and leaves my room. i sigh and lay back down, my hand grabs my phone and bring it up to my face. i open henry's contact and start typing.

________________________________
  HENRY 🏴‍☠️
  1:09 PM

( hey ) > R

H < ( hey ralph )
H < ( feeing any better? )

( yea, thanks to you lol ) > R
( wyd? ) > R

H < ( playin a few games w louise
and other people )

( that's nice, wanna hang out
after school on monday? I have
something planned for us ) > R

H > ( sorryyy, i already have plans )

( What? but your always free,
nd w who?? ) > R

H > ( french baguette guy lol )

( oh ) > R
________________________________

What the fuck? henry always has time, or at prays for me. Since when we're they close?? he's a dick. what's so good about him anyway? i bet his hair has tangles and his skin is rough. He sucks!

- 1039 words