Chapter 3: The Third Note

Y/N was walking through the ruined city of Fuyuki, according to Mash at least. He wasn't particularly worried about his safety as he kept trudging forward without paying a single bit of attention  to his surroundings. He regarded this 'devil may care' attitude of his as a perk of being an antisocial teen.

Mash, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. She kept her shield up at all times with her eyes darting in every direction as she walked in front of him protectively.

???: Kyaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Y/N and Mash snapped their heads in the direction of the scream. They exchanged a brief glance of understanding as rushed towards the source of the scream.

???: Get away from me! Help!!!

Y/N and Mash halted as they saw skeletons with weapons in their hands besetting a familiar figure.

Y/N's eyes widened his eyes in surprise. The figure was none other than Olga Marie Animusphere.

The mocking laughter from before reverberated in Y/M's ears

The mocking laughter from before reverberated in Y/M's ears. He really didn't want to help this woman but Mash had other ideas.

Mash: Director! Permission to engage Senpai!

Y/N wanted to deny her request but for the sake not disappointing the one of the only people in Chaldea who didn't make fun of him or bully him. He swallowed his grudge and granted her permission.

Mash engaged the skeletons in close combat, hitting them with her shield and sending their bony skulls flying.

Olga breathed a sigh of relief as Mash finished the last of the skeletons. Her panicked demeanor turned serious as she regarded Y/N with a critical eye.

Olga: Who are you?

Her tone was more demanding as if she was giving an order rather than asking. Y/N introduced himself reluctantly to the ungrateful girl whose ass he just saved.

Olga: Y/N? Wait you are the Civilian Master Candidate who didn't report to the Command Center when I was giving the speech!

Y/N secretly thanked god for not only sparing his life but also preventing him from sitting through her boring speech.

Olga kept shouting at him in frustration until Mash intervened and explained the situation to her. Olga managed to calm down a little.

Olga: So not only are we stranded in a dangerous singularity with no supplies, to make matters worse we also have an amateur master candidate contracted to a newly born demi-servant with little to no battle experience.

She rubbed her forehead exasperated from our current circumstances. Y/N's face was devoid of any emotion while Mash looked down in shame.