Chapter 6: Sixth Chanson

Y/n along with Mash and the others were heading back to the decided meeting point. They heard from Jeanne's group that they were successful in finding Siegfried the Dragon Slayer.

Sadly, the Dragon Witch was one step ahead as she had already ambushed him before Jeanne's arrival and left him with a deadly curse. Now, Y/n had to find another saint in this Singularity, just to heal Siegfried.

To makes matter worse, Marie's group had still not contacted him. He was starting to get more and more anxious as the time passed.

Mash: Don't worry Senpai. I am sure they will be fine.

The Shielder Servant offered him a reassuring smile in hopes to ease the rising tension in his mind.

Y/n sincerely hoped for her words to be true....

___________________________________________

Marie would be lying if she said that she had been in worse situations. With massive winged reptiles blocking all her escape routes with their towering bodies,
Ready to incinerate her at the slightest attempt to flee.

Unfortunately, she didn't get enough time to narrate her predicament to the unseen. An armoured hand roughly gripped her hair and hauled her onto her knees.

Marie slowly opened her tired eyes and saw the pale-face laced with a pair of  beautiful golden eyes which contained a predatory gleam in them.

Jalter's manical laughter echoed in her ears as the Dragon Witch shook her like a ragdoll.

Jalter: Would you look at that.... Marie Antoinette in flesh!

Marie felt a chill down her spine as Jalter purred into her ears. Marie wanted to say something but her body refused to budge due to her weakened state.

Jalter: I am so sorry your highness! I didn't get to show you my deep respect and gratitude for you when you took the hassle of gracing someone like me with your presence.....

Jalter grinned like a Cheshire cat before tossing Marie on the muddy floor like a sack of potatoes.

Marie felt great pain at the breaking sound emitted by her arm bone. Tears dropped down her eyes as she bit back her screams of pain.

Sanson: That is enough.... I need her body in peak condition to carry out a healthy execution.

Charles Henri Sanson warned the Dragon Witch against hurting Marie, even though his morals and motivation were no better than the witch.

Jalter gave Sanson a condescending glare. The man didn't flinch when the Dragon Witch levelled her flag-spear to his throat.

Jalter: Quite a mouth you have grown there..... Maybe I should remind you, who is the superior one here.....

Sanson scoffed coldly as he walked removed the spear from his throat with the back of his hand.

Sanson: I don't care about such trivial matters. Everything was going perfectly until you decided to sneer and jeer like a toddler.

Jalter: Hmph! It seems I should reconsider my cortège. Some of them had started to become oblivious of their loyalties.

Sanson: Cortège? It seems you are the one becoming oblivious to your surroundings. I guess the white hair on your head isn't just for show, old hag.

Jalter: Watch it! I don't need to be lectured by a bisexual pervert with a fetish for people's necks.

Sanson rolled his eyes in response. He grabbed his massive black blade and hefted it up on his shoulders. He made his way to Marie who was still lying on the floor, drenched completely in mud.