Chapter 18

After the sheriff went home with Stiles giving the promise he was coming home tonight Stiles tried interrogating me on why his father ended up laughing "what was so funny? how did you make my dad laugh in this situation?" I glared at him and he huffed glaring back "fine but how are we going to get the proof that Isaac is innocent, how do we find out who's controlling Jackson and making him kill, and what the hell is Lydia" I sighed and groaned at the many questions that came spilling out of his mouth.

"Lydia is a banshee" both me and Stiles looked towards my mother as she came from the living room area "what's a Banshee?" Stiles questioned and we proceeded to follow her back to the office, Stiles sat on the chair as my mother sat on the desk chair before speaking, I stood behind Stiles. "a banshee is like a seer, only this one is a little darker in some ways referring to them as the harbingers of death, controlling of power she can use the ability of her voice to defend herself but also it's like a death alarm" I frowned "Lydia herself is a very smart woman but the screams they are subconscious to her, there is a possible chance that she won't know she has screamed or even why, but when she does it's a possible chance someone will die" I nodded with listening and Stiles seemed to be soaking in the information to "the bite didn't take because she was already something extraordinary, instead it has unlocked her abilities" Stiles nodded seeming to have pieced things together.

I could see Stiles getting lost in thought, as I glanced up at my mum she raised her eyebrows at me and I gave her a shrug "he means a lot to you" she mouthed and I frowned but nodded, "we'll talk later" she mouthed again so I nodded again drawing my attention back to Stiles who had clearly lost thought about banshees and looked up at me just as I looked at him "Isaac" I nodded and we bid goodbye to my mother.

●●○○●●~~●●○○●●

I don't remember how this happened, one moment I was looking through Isaacs house for any clues that could help identify that some animal killed Isaacs father and the next I'm chained up in some room with Stiles passed out on the chair infront of me "now what" I growled

"You killed one of ours" now I know that voice, and every inch of my body crawlled with distaste "actually you got him arrested, loved the little shame note though" I rolled my eyes as she stepped towards Stiles "I never took you for a pretty boy type"

I glared at her, not saying a word "awe, I'm pretty, thanks" Stiles snarked back "never thought a bitch could give a compliment" I held in a growl as she slapped Stiles who just groaned softly at the impact "bitch slaps to" he mumbled

She then turned her attention to me "you know, it's pretty funny you either go for someone far to old, or far to young, poor little Paige didn't even see it coming, that you never would have loved her" I growled "it's good she died when she did" I jerked forward in anger only letting out a roar of pain as electricity ran through my body "now now Derek, let's not get feisty"

I snarled at her "whos the kanima?" She asked, I refused to speak yo her, Instead I looked at Stiles who was frowning and looking between me and Kate "oh, I see you want to save the murderous prick, if you don't tell me" she looked at Stiles with a smirk "maybe I can play with your new toy, wonder if he's stronger then paige" I growled "you know she knew about you right, before you killed her, poor child, killing her because you was so afraid"

Stiles looked over at me "I already know what happened with paige" he huffed like he was bored "got anything new to threaten me with?" Her smile only spread, the bigger it got the more sinister she became "now that you mention it I do, quiz show!" She looked over at me "you answer me and every incorrect or no response this boy gets closer to becoming a monster like you, thats if he survives of cause" I frowned "you have three chances now who is the Kanima"

Stiles shook his head "it's ok Derek, don't tell this bitch anything" I growled as she slapped him "who is it Derek?" I kept my eyes locked with Stiles, I could hear his heart racing but mostly in anger "can you like stop slapping me, it's really lame, and pathetic, just straight up annoying, I mean they not even as bad as-" she cut him off punching him

"Last chance Derek' who's the Kanima or the pretty boy becomes one of you" I watched as Stiles smirked "if you know the Kanima is real you must know Isaac was innocent, and you was going to kill him anyways, actually I'm not even surprised, I mean you call them the monsters yet you're the murderous bitch who was going to kill a child, I'd rather be like Derek then like you"

I growled as she grabbed Stiles and slammed him into the bars next to me "let him go" she ignored me and cut his arms loose, "you didn't answer me, and quite frankly I'm going to kill this brat if you don't" she forced Stiles arm into my mouth just as my mother broke into the room with the sheriff, Kate was caught off guard and Scott came and broke the chains off me.

I dismissed Scott as I quickly checked on Stiles ignoring Kate being arrested and taken by the sheriff "did I..." Stiles just looked up at me with concern, hiding his arm as his dad came over and gave him a hug "you're ok, both of you are"

"I'm fine dad" Noah nodded obvious as human not hearing the tick in Stiles heartbeat, lucky I don't think Scott was either but my mother looked worried "lets get out of here" I said flashing my mum a worried look as we left