Chapter 19

Once I got Stiles home and greated his mum we both retreated to his room "did I bite you" I took his arm which had a small cut on it "was this..."

He pulled his arm back and began pacing running his hands through his hair "I don't know Derek, I dunno if it was that bitch's claws or your teeth"

I could hear his heart racing as he paced the floor "what... what do I do Derek" I grabbed his shoulders and made him look up at me "we wait, if it was me it will heal by tomorrow and even if it does we'll be in this together, I'll help you every step of the way"

Stiles panic was clearly still there, "what if it was you and it doesn't heal, could it... could it kill me" I frowned the cut was small but it was there "I don't know" I wiped the tears off his cheeks before pulling him into a hug "I don't know"

Stiles buried his face in my chest and we just stood there for a good while "stay with me, please" I nodded and stepped back a bit "I'm ok, I just don't want to be alone"

Nodding again I dropped my hands from his shoulders "you're not alone, I'm right here, and your dad has got her now, so many witnesses to what they saw there is no way they can get her out of this"

Stiles nodded stepping back into my chest and tightly wrapping his arms around me "Stiles?" The Sheriff walked in and Stiles didn't even budge from being pressed into me, I held my hands up in defence at the stares he gave us "is he ok?"

I nodded "he will be sir, just a bit spooked, she tried to... you got there just in time... I think"  I felt Stiles grip get tighter so I wrapped my arms around him

"Are you ok?" I gave him a look before frowning "I'm fine, she didn't succeed last time and neither this time and there's no way she can get away with it this time"

The sheriff nodded and Stiles turned around in my arms at the silence, still leaning against me "it's ok if Derek stays right?" He frowned at Stiles "if you stop referring to your teacher as Derek instead of Mr Hale" Stiles folded his arms with a challenging look "what about... my boyfriend"

I chocked and stared at Stiles as his dad spoke "your what?" Stiles waved his hand as I let him go stepping back making him stumble a bit as I ran my hand down my face "what if he's here as my boyfriend and not my tearcher" he expressed not bothered by the stumble at all

"STILES!" We both shouted at him he looked between us both and frowned "ok wrong choice of words, not boyfriends, just friends, you know the legal kind of friend" I groaned head in hand "I'll stay in the spare room" I announced walking past the sheriff and Stiles and down the stairs leaving the father and son to talk "is there anything I can help you with Mrs Stillinski?"

She was cleaning the kitchen and shook her head "I'm almost done but I do believe you and Stiles haven't eaten and Derek" I looked over at her questioningly "call me Claudia, I've known you since you was a baby" I smiled and nodded "why don't you and Stiles make yourself some food"

"Thank you Claudia" after Claudia showed me around the kitchen, that I may already know my way around I decided to make me and Stiles some omelette.

Noah came into the kitchen after a few minutes of me starting "boyfriend hmm?" I Stilled for a moment and looked to the sheriff, "I'm not mad but he is your student, and that is illegal"

I open and closed my mouth "would you belive me if I told you this is news to me to... the whole boyfriend thing" the sheriff let out a hearty laugh as I continued cooking "he's a ball on undeniable trouble" I chuckled and Noah nodded in agreement

When Stiles came in I was putting the omelette on a plate, Noah stood up and put a hand on his shoulder "you two should talk" Stiles gave his dad a look "have you met this guy, he can hardly hold a sentence together" I glared at him "I can talk just fine, boyfriend" I watched as his face went red and quickly sat down as his father left with a laugh

"I'm your teacher" I said sternly sitting opposite him, he nodded "it's illegal, I know how you feel but nothing can happen, you're my student" Stiles frowned "you didn't deny being my boyfriend, you didn't deny my feelings for you"

I sighed "that isn't the point and you know it" he stabbed his fork into his omelette with a glare "it is exactly the point, if you don't like me just tell me, just tell me so I can not pine after you like I did Lydia"

"I'm not going to tell you a lie, and I can't tell you the truth, what do you want me to do, you're a student, my student and you're under age" Stiles glare just hardened "I'm the age of consent" he argued "for someone of your own age"

He waved his hands "its perfectly legal with parental permission" I groaned "even if your parents agreed with the age difference it's still illegal you're my student" he folded his arms "then I quit school" I glared at him "no you're not"

He gave me the challenging look he gives when he thinks he's got the upper hand "either I quit and stalk the hell out of you because I have ADHD and will be bored doing nothing all day or you deal with the fact you like a student and that student likes you back and outside of school is going to, like it or not is going to call you his boyfriend"

"That's not fair and you know it, I could loose my job" he stared me down "my dads the sheriff and my mum sweet talks everyone with her baking, there is no escape from the child born from that"

I groaned and looked at the door to the sheriff for help who just shook his head "I feel like I just got blackmailed with nothing against me"

Noah laughed and left and Stiles grinned "so which option, am I quitting or not" I growled "you're not quitting school"