Chapter 2 : Detective Estella

"Estella Rosemary Crawford, you are going to school and that's final

"Estella Rosemary Crawford, you are going to school and that's final. "

"Papa, please. I'm looking for tuition online. I don't need to waste my time in that shitty school." I whined, raising from the sofa and walked to the kitchen.

" Mom, I can manage myself without attending school. I can graduate just fine from online courses." I pleaded to my mom with my most sincere puppy eyes look.

It had been two days since I arrived in New York. Due to these crises, I had abruptly come here with just a few clothes.

I would never leave my parents alone at such a crucial time, they have fought alone all these years. And now it's time for me to be the daughter they will be proud of. To be their little Warrior.

I would like to assume that I know a little bit of everything when it comes to the company since I always accompanied dad to office during holidays and weekends. whenever I would ask silly questions, he would make me sit on his desk and simplify and explain me everything briefly.

Yesterday, I emailed my old school requesting a transfer certificate and other documents. Sergey and my neighbour Irina who had been a real sweetheart and an amazing friend of mine for the past two years would surely help me with those procedures and formalities.

She was a bit crazy. Yeah, crazy enough to trick a patrolling police officer. I don't know how she did it but she did save my ass after I almost got arrested for spray painting on an abandoned warehouse with Sergey.

This morning, Papa had caught me browsing for online courses and now he's hell-bent on sending me back to Eastwood High.

"Estella, you know that online courses will be expensive for us at this moment and your father is still a board member at Eastwood High." Mom sighed.

I knew it was quite expensive but I just couldn't go back there as if nothing happened. As if I didn't disappear after that night.

"I can pay for it from my savings, Mom". I understand that we are not yet financially stable to afford online tuition. But I did have some money in my account.

"Stella, if you want to switch schools I can arrange for it. But I won't let my daughter sit all day in front of a laptop and miss seeing you walk down the aisle on your graduation" he patted my head lovingly as he came to stand beside Mom.

"But... don't they ask for extra fees?" I questioned in a small voice.

His eyes softened at my words, "As long as I am alive, you don't have to worry about all such matters, my girl. I'm your father and you have every right to demand anything you want. " my eyes filled with tears at his words.

I've always been daddy's girl and I don't think that has changed much even now. I don't want to give them any more problems. For new admissions, I'm sure every school demands extra fees and shitty additional money.