Chapter 6: Jax Wylde

The next day I arrived at my history class right on time

The next day I arrived at my history class right on time. Deciding not to sit too far, I halted near the middle and plopped down on a chair beside the wall.

Stretching my legs, I pulled my phone out, and noticed that I had a text from Sergey.

Sergey: Hey, everything is going smoothly, u got nothing to worry about. I sighed in relief, reading his text.

Estella: 👍

My head shot up when I noticed a pair of heels stop beside me. I raised an eyebrow at the girl who stood beside my chair, she smiled at me, "Is this seat taken? "

I glanced around the classroom eying all the vacant seats and then back at her. She seemed to have realized my thoughts as her cheeks grew red and she looked at me, embarrassed. "Nevermind. I'll - ".

"No. It's not taken" I mumbled slipping my phone back into my bag and scooted over so that she could take the chair beside mine.

Happily, she sat on the chair and pulled out her books. Once comfortable in her seat, she turned towards me.

"Hey, I'm Blair".

I looked at her outstretched hand and back at her face. Wondering if she was one of those girls, looking for some hot news to gossip about it in the bathroom later.

Her face didn't give away anything. The only expression visible was the small smile on her pretty face.

"Estella," I reply curtly, hoping that she would not ask me anything more. And to my pleasure, she just nodded and kept quiet.

Mr. Moore stepped in, and the whole class fell silent upon his entry. He had this powerful aura that demanded everyone's attention, overpowering everyone.

True to his words, he did ask questions about yesterday's topic and I was very glad when he didn't ask me any because I had not at all bothered to open my history book yesterday.

When the class ended, I got up and started walking to my locker, only to halt when I heard someone call my name.

I turned around to see that Blair was rushing toward me, "What?"

"We didn't get a chance to talk properly, back there. And you were super brave yesterday, I mean you spoke back to Mr.Moore duh, and that was so courageous of you." she gushed as we walked toward my locker.

"Thanks. He was being an ass for no reason or else I wouldn't have spoken like that."

"Mm-hmm." she hummed and I looked at her, to see that she was texting someone.

"You wanna grab a coffee before the next class? I'm getting one," she inquired, still typing on her phone.

Jonathan's cafe was the only popular and nearby cafe in the campus, I had been a regular customer there for many years. I should pay a visit sometime, moreover I like Jonathan because he never fails to make me laugh.