Chapter 8 : Getting Friendly

"Thank you for

"Thank you for...um..helping me."

" You mean saving you from falling flat on your ass, then you're welcome." he offered, along with a charming smile.

"Yeah, right." I laughed,slightly embarrassed.

He stared at my face for a few seconds, then his gaze traveled down my body then back to my face.

"I'm having a very hard time believing that you are a businesswoman and not a girl in her early twenties."

His question caught me off-guard, composing myself quickly I replied with a sheepish smile, "Oh no, I'm not a businesswoman. I was supposed to meet my cousin here, her family runs quite a huge business." I paused, shrugging, "But looks like she ditched me." putting on my saddest look I shifted my purse, ready to walk away, hoping that he would buy my act.

This was my last chance. Or else, I could say goodbye to my old life and start getting used to the shitty-smelling subway and public transport.

" Wait." Hell-fucking-Yes.

I looked at him over my shoulder, raising my eyebrow. " You could join us if you want. I'm sure my friends won't mind an extra company."

He nodded towards two men sitting on the large L-shaped sofa with a beer in their hands, staring at something in the mobile.

I pursed my lips as if I was thinking, " I guess, I can. As long as it's on your tab."

"Wouldn't have it any other way." I heard him chuckle as we walked toward his friends.

Two more men? God, I hope this won't spoil my plan.

The guy in the grey suit noticed us first, his smile widened when his eyes landed on me, and he elbowed his friend who was still engrossed in his mobile, making me wonder what was so interesting.

The other hissed and glared at his friend for hitting, but his glare vanished once he looked at where Mr Grey suit nodded.

The guy shot up from his seat, and hugged Carter, "Amigo, where have you been? I thought you left us hanging for Daddy dearest. Again."

"Let him be, Travis." the other guy mumbled.

Oh, so the guy in grey suit was Travis.

Three pairs of eyes were now fixed on me, clearly curious to know about the woman who was intruding on their little Friday party.

Carter hooked his arm around my shoulder,"I'm sure you guys won't mind extra company tonight." he repeated his earlier words to his friends.

"Of course, we don't, especially if it's a beauty like yourself." the guy beside Travis beamed, and extended his hand for a handshake, "By the way, I'm Quin."

"Stella. It's a pleasure to meet you. " I smiled, and shook his hand, grinning Quin lifted my hand and pressed a soft kiss on it," The pleasure is all mine."