Chapter 4 : The Reunion

There was only one girl I knew in this world who had the sweetest voice with such a crude mouth

May. Short for Mariana St.Claire. Daughter of a very successful Cardiologist, Penelope St.Clair. 

She rolled off me with ease and sat on the floor, shooting daggers at me through her pretty blue eyes, making it clear how angry she was.

I sighed, " I don't know what to say, May. I don't even have any explanation for how I handled- ". My rambling was cut short as she engulfed me in a hug.

I hugged her back, "I missed you so much, Estella." she murmured.

There was something odd, I could sense it. I had also observed how her eyes were bloodshot and glassy but ignoring it for now I closed my eyes, my grip around her tightening.

"Me too, May. Me too". From the way May held me, I knew we were not leaving this place anytime soon. And frankly, I didn't mind. I needed this as much as she did.

" I hate you for leaving us like that, Stella. One call, that's all I was expecting. But no. You didn't even pick up my calls. At least you could have sent a message to say that you were fucking alive." she seethed.

"I know, I should have called you. But I was in pain, May. Nothing was making sense and..." I paused, turning away from her. Not wanting her to see me so weak.

May scooted forward, wrapping her arms around me again," Shhh, it's okay. I should have thought about that, but I was very worried, Estella." she mumbled in a soft voice.

I pulled back, extending my right hand, May smiled understanding and we did the small hand gesture we used to do when we were kids.

"Friends again?"

She smiled with teary eyes, "Always and forever."

After our little breakdown, we both got up and walked toward my new locker. Since we were already late, neither of us bothered hurrying up.

At the end of the corridor parting our ways I walked to my history class as she walked towards her chemistry class after telling me to meet her at the cafeteria for lunch.

I thought of going back to Mr Bruke's office to get a late slip but deciding against it I walked toward my history class.

Pushing the door open, as slowly as possible, I attempted to sneak in. But my little plan went down the drain as the door opened with a loud squeak.

Motherfucking door! I looked at my history teacher as he glared at me from behind his desk. I had to say, this man was a total daddy material.

The whole class was murmuring and whispering.

"Silence" Mr Hot-shot hissed at them, before turning towards me.

"You are twenty minutes late, miss.."