Learning the Ropes

It was the next morning and Tsireya had come and gathered all of the Sully kids to get them better acclimated to their new home. 

Näkaynì wasn't going to lie, she was still in a bad mood from being here, even more so seeing as the clan members were still hesitant towards her, avoiding her as she walked, giving fearful glares her way.

She just wanted to go home.

Nonetheless, she got up, being practically dragged by Neteyam and Tuk, to get in the water.

They all jumped in, Tsireya, Roxto, and Ao'nung first, followed by Neteyam, Lo'ak, Kiri, and Tuk. 

Näkaynì sighed before slowly getting into the water, letting the smooth, cool feeling wash over her as she blinked a couple times to get her eyes used to the new environment.

Once her vision was finally clear enough to take in her surroundings, she was dumbfounded.

It was absolutely breathtaking.

A school of fish swam around her head, an octopus like creature propelled itself through the water right below her feet, and the coral-- all the different hues blending together in a gorgeous display of color.

They began to swim ahead, following Tsireya and her group.

Shortly after they began to swim, Neteyam, Lo'ak and Tuk started to head towards the surface, needing to breathe.

Näkaynì hadn't noticed them leave until Tsireya stopped swimming, looking up towards the water's surface with a confused look. 

That's when Näkaynì noticed the rest of her siblings had gone up for air, although she was unfazed, not feeling the need to grab a breath yet.

However, her siblings quickly headed back down towards them as Tsireya signed something in their direction, then having to wave them back down as they didn't understand what she was trying to say. 

But it only lasted a few seconds once more as her siblings decided to head back up to the surface again.

Näkaynì decided to join her siblings this time, wanting to make sure they were okay. 

Still underwater, Ao'nung had signed to his friend and sister, "What is wrong with them?"

Roxto signed back, "They are bad divers."

Tsireya jumped in, signing for them to stop, telling them that they were learning.

The entire group was now together at the surface.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya asked.

"You're too fast, wait for us!" Tuk said.

"Just breathe." Tsireya replied.

Ao'nung then spoke up, "You are not good divers, maybe good at swinging through trees, but--"

He was quickly cut off as Tsireya smacked him lightly on the back of his head.

Näkaynì giggled at this, earning a harsh glare from Ao'nung.

"Come on bro, we don't speak this finger talk." Neteyam said.

"We don't know what you're saying." He continued.

"I will teach you." Tsireya offered generously. 

"Where is Kiri?" Roxto said suddenly.

Näkaynì instantly had her head on a swivel, just now recognizing that Kiri was missing. She silently scolded herself for not noticing earlier.

She instantly dived back underwater, as the rest of the group followed her.