Vacancy

After they had all been cuffed to the railing of the ship, Näkaynì began to think of any ways that she could get them out of this situation.

As she was thinking, she suddenly heard war cries in the distance.

Turning her head she saw the entirety of the Metkayina village riding in on their Ilu towards the ship, her father at the front alongside Tonowari and Ronal. 

Her mother was in the air, riding in on her Ikran. 

"Na'vi inbound!" One of the Avatar yelled.

"Weapons up!" Another responded. 

"Dad!" Tuk yelled, being relieved at the sight of their father. 

As Jake saw the soldiers spreading out along the deck of the ship, he knew he had to think this through before they went to attack, because if they didn't, the lives of their children could be at risk. 

"Stop, stop them." Jake said to Tonowari, who immediately notioned for the clan to come to a halt. 

"It's Sully." The tulkun hunter said through his comms.

At the sound of that, Quaritch walked over to Lo'ak, ripping his comms device from his neck in order to talk to their father. 

As Jake looked through the scope of his gun, seeing Tuk, Lo'ak, Näkaynì, and Tsireya all on board, he spoke to Tonowari.

"They got our kids, your daughter, Tuk, Lo'ak, and Näkaynì."

At the sound of this, Tonowari and Ronal let out an angered hiss. 

All of a sudden, Quaritch's voice rang through Jake's earpiece.

"Jake, tell your friends to stand down. If you want your kids back, you come out alone. You know better than to test my resolve." He said as he took his gun from its holster, holding it right behind Näkaynì's head.

Näkaynì closed her eyes, shuddering in the slightest as she could feel the cool metal of the guns barrel on the back of her head. 

Jake sighed exasperatedly seeing Quaritch threaten the life of his daughter once again. 

"I took you under my wing, Jake, you betrayed me. You killed your own, good men and good women." He continued.

"I will not hesitate to execute your kid. Finish what I started." He finished.

"Just wait one." Jake said through a tone of desperation. 

Näkaynì's anger continued to grow as the gun was pressed harder against her head. 

"Offers fixing to expire. What's it gonna be?" Quaritch asked through the comms, seeing the hesitancy protruding off of Jake. 

"Check your fire. I'm coming out." Jake finalized, slowly placing his gun behind him as he rode towards the enemy ship. 

"Easy shot." One of the Avatars said from beside Quaritch.

"You hit him now, they attack." Quaritch said before looking out towards Jake. 

"Wait until he's on board." He announced. 

"No! No!" Näkaynì began to lash out. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if she allowed her father to be killed in such circumstances. 

She would die before having to live with the pain of losing her father. 

"Go back! Dad, please!" Näkaynì began to cry out, hoping that her father could hear her.

Quaritch hit the gun against Näkaynì's head, "Would you shut up." He said in a harsh tone. 

Näkaynì continued to worry as her father continued to approach the ship.