Severity

Näkaynì had gone off towards a secluded alcove, a few clicks out from the main village. 

Saheì was with her, swimming around calmly in the water near her, sensing that Näkaynì was upset.

Näkaynì had her feet dug in the sand, as she held her knees up to her chest.

She thought things were going okay, that she was actually going to be able to enjoy her time here.

But with all the recent previous events, she felt as though it would never be possible. That she was going to have to live as the freak of the village for the rest of her life. 

And that made her feel weaker than ever.

She sighed as she laid back into the sand, allowing the small waves that were crashing up into the alcove to calm her whirlwind of emotions. 

After awhile, Saheì began to make clicking noises, telling Näkaynì that someone was approaching the beach.

Näkaynì propped herself up on her elbows, trying to see who had come to accompany her.

Although, when she saw Ao'nung getting off of his Ilu and walking over to her, she immediately stood up, not wanting to be in the same vicinity as him, especially with all the turmoil he had caused her. Allowing her to think that they were friends and then completely turning his back on her.

Although Ao'nung caught up with Näkaynì just before she could set off back towards the village.

He stood in front of her, blocking her path as Näkaynì flinched backwards, trying to avoid contact with him. 

"Get out of my way." Näkaynì spoke angrily.

"Näkaynì, wait please." Ao'nung begged as the girl tried to side step around him. 

Näkaynì sighed, "What do you want?" 

"I came to--" Ao'nung hesitated, looking around.

"I came to apologize." Ao'nung finished, glancing at Näkaynì to sense her reaction.

She simply shook her head and crossed her arms, "I don't need your apology." She spoke bitterly.

"Näkaynì, I didn't mean any of what I said." He spoke truthfully, actually feeling bad about the way he had spoken to her earlier. 

Näkaynì furrowed her brow, taking in Ao'nung's words.

"I was with my friends and I said those out-of-pocket things to seem cool. I do not think you are cursed." He continued.

Näkaynì looked up at him, trying to get a sense of whether or not he was telling the truth. All signs pointed to yes.

"Really?" Näkaynì said back, trying to see if Ao'nung really meant it. 

"Really. I actually think it's quite interesting--the ability to see the future." Ao'nung said, truly meaning what he was saying as he was growing quite fond of the forest girl, wanting to get to know her more.

"It's terrifying." Näkaynì said as she began to walk along the alcove, Ao'nung following close behind.

"Why is that?" Ao'nung questioned.

"Sometimes the visions aren't always good. Sometimes I see my family in danger, my home being destroyed, the doing of the sky people." Näkaynì said with a sad undertone, her visions looming in her subconscious. 

"And with these visions, I know they are going to happen, and it gives me this overwhelming feeling of protecting my family. When something happens to them, I feel as though it is my fault, that I could of stopped it."