Abduction

It was two days after Näkaynì had had a vision underneath the water and three days since the looming threat of Quaritch completely plagued her mind. 

She continued to try and do normal things alongside her siblings, although she was drained from the lack of sleep she was getting.

Her family picked up on this, trying not to load her up with as many tasks throughout the day, yet she always found ways to be helpful, ignoring the pleas of her parents just wanting her to rest.

However Neteyam was taking it more seriously than the rest, as he was able to feel his sisters fatigue.

Ever since he had saved her from the Spirit Tree, he was always by her side, now more than ever.

The twins were always connected, whether emotionally or physically. They would reinstitute this idea as they were always right near each other, Neteyam laying a hand on her back, Näkaynì wrapping her arms around his shoulders, hanging off of his back, even while standing-- their arms slightly grazing each other.

Physical touch was something that kept the bond strong between the twins. 

At this time, the family was rolling up their sleeping mats to store in order to make room for the days events, when all of a sudden the conch shell rang out, signaling that something was happening.

Näkaynì was instantly on high alert, tensing at the sound, her father doing the same.

"What is that?" Tuk asked, as they all filed out of the Marui.

She was relieved as she saw Tsireya cutting through the water on her Ilu, waving to the people of her village.

"The Tulkun have returned! Everybody, our brothers and sisters have returned." She explained to the Metkayina people as they hopped into the water gleefully. 

Näkaynì followed her siblings as they all got onto their Ilu, heading out to see the returning Tulkun.

In their endless cycle of migration, the Tulkun had come home.

The Tulkun jumped around in the water, doing flips to show their excitement. Näkaynì and her siblings were amazed at the sight. 

Tsireya turned to the siblings, "Look! It's my spirit sister!" She exclaimed as a Tulkun with blue and purple accents was jumping out of the water. 

Neteyam laughed, taking in the exciting scene before him, as he looked over to his twin who shared the same expression. 

The smallest children of the Metkayina clan gathered in the joyous occasion, as the Tulkun produced bubbles that they could swim through. 

It was a time for stories of their season apart.

Of deaths and births. Old friends and new loves. 

It was gorgeous.

Näkaynì was having a phenomenal time looking around at all of the Metkayina reuniting with their spirit sisters and brothers, so much happiness.

That was until a harsh ringing headache hit Näkaynì, making her swim up to the surface.

She knew her headaches usually meant that something was close to happening. One of her visions were coming.

Neteyam was right behind her as he had seen the pained look on her face before she went up.

"Näi? Is everything alright?" He asked, gently grabbing her arm and working with Saheì to get Näkaynì back to the Marui.