Rocky Showdown

"Finally, we made it." Cora said as she, Kilala, Ash, and Mairin stood on a large rock overlooking Pewter City while Alain and Misty stood behind them, "Pewter City."

After a week of training, battling against a trainer named Samurai, and sending Team Rocket into the sky in the Viridian Forest, the trio along with Ash, Pikachu and Misty had finally arrived in Pewter City where Brock the Pewter City Gym leader is.

"I thought we would be stuck in that forest forever." Misty complained.

"The Viridian Forest is long, not endless, Misty." Cora stated.

Mairin frowned at the city before them, "Nothing but gray color though."

"That's because Pewter City is gray." A male voice responded.

The gang looked over the rock at the source of the voice to see a man with a beard wearing shabby clothes and a red beanie, sitting below them. The gang glanced at each other and looked back at the man. They got off the rock and climbed down the ladder and stood in front of him. Cora knew that the man was Flint, Brock's father.

"The color of stone, this town has always been famous for stone." Flint continued.

"Who are you sir?" Mairin asked, brow arched.

"The name's Flint." Flint replied.

Cora looked around to see a bunch of rocks with price tags on it. She sweat dropped. "You sell rocks?"

"Pewter City souvenirs." Flint replied. "Wanna buy some?"

The gang sweat dropped again at the offer.

"No thanks, I'm just traveling to be a Pokémon trainer." Cora stated.

"Me too." Ash added.

Kilala leaned against her leg, Pikachu and Chespie sighed as they sat on top of their trainer's heads.

"Looks like your Pokémon could use some rest. Follow me, I'll lead you to the Pokémon center." Flint offered. Cora readjusted Kilala into her arms when Flint came back again. "By the way, that'll be a two-dollar fee for resting on my rocks."

The gang fell over in disbelief.

=======================

"Please, take care of our Pokémon, Aunt Jane." Cora asked Nurse Jane Joy politely while she, Alain, Mairin and Ash handed their trays of their Pokéballs, Chespie, Kilala and Pikachu.

"Sure, right away, Cora, Alain, Mairin." Nurse Jane Joy responded.

Ash gave her a strange look. "Nurse Joy? You really look exactly like the one from Viridian City."

"Yes, I'm the younger Joy, the Nurse Joy from Viridian City is my older sister. I've heard nice things about you three. Very nice." She said kindly, "Also, congratulations on becoming a Pokémon trainer, Cora."

"Thank you, Aunt Jane." Cora said with a blush while Nurse Jane Joy picked up the tray.

"Have you seen that poster?" She asked before going off with the gang's Pokémon.

The gang turned to see the Pokémon League poster advertisement.

"The Pokémon League Regional Championships, huh? I guess it's a good thing that we're in Pewter. I can start collecting badges with the gym in this town." Cora said.

"Sounds like a good idea." Alain agreed.

"What about you, Alain?" Cora asked.

"Not interested. I'm very eager to study about Mega Evolution." Alain stated.