Indigo League: Final Rounds

After finishing off the Preliminary rounds, Cora, her mom, Prof. Sycamore and her friends were having dinner at a restaurant.

"I have to say Cora, you did great during the preliminary rounds." Prof. Sycamore complimented.

"You were awesome, Cora." Alain added.

"Yeah, and it's all thanks to my Pokémon. I wouldn't have gotten this far without them." Cora stated.

"You and your Pokémon have come a very long way, Cora. Not only have you and your Pokémon become strong, but your bonds have too." Prof. Sycamore stated.

Alise smiled, "I am very proud of you, my dear."

Cora smiled; she felt prouder than ever. She was glad to have such a great family and friends with her. She was going to do her best tomorrow. Whether she wins or loses, her family and friends will always be proud of her.

====================

It was the next day, Cora and Ash were at the reception desk so that they could find out who their opponent is for the next round. They did a random draw, by fishing for a random Magikarp with a number on it. If someone else draws the same number, then that person becomes your next opponent. Cora and Ash did the same...to everyone's surprise the next person Cora would be going up against was...Ash.

Cora and Ash give each other slightly surprised, yet determined looks.

"Well Cora, looks like we finally get to battle against each other. Don't hold back." Ash held his hand out.

Cora took his hand and shook it, "See you on the battlefield, Ash."

===================

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now down to the quarterfinals for this year's league!  Let's introduce the two who will be facing against each other! In the green corner is Cora Joy of Viridian City!"

The crowd cheered loudly for her.

"And in the red corner is Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town!"

The crowd cheered once more.

"Come on out, Bulbasaur!" Ash sent out his Bulbasaur to battle.

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur said when he appeared on the field.

"Rogue, you're on!" Cora sent out her Shiny Delphox to battle.

"Bulbasaur versus Delphox battle...begin!"

"Bulbasaur, use Sleep Powder!" Ash ordered.

Blue powder came out of his bulb and headed towards Rogue.

"Rogue, Flamethrower!" Cora countered.

Rogue points her wand stick at Bulbasaur and forms a red-orange flame at its tip. She releases a red-orange stream of fire from the tip of its wand which blew away the sleep powder and hit Bulbasaur as well who cried out in pain.

"Bulbasaur!" Ash cried out.

"Will-O-Wisp!" Rogue forms a pink, light blue, and dark blue fireball at the tip of her wand stick. Then she swings the wand, firing the fireball at Bulbasaur who got hit by them. The move was really effective to the Grass type and then fainted.

"Bulbasaur is unable to battle! Delphox wins!" The referee announced.

"Way to go, Rogue!" Cora cheered and Rogue smiled at her trainer.

Ash returned Bulbasaur, "You did good, Bulbasaur," Then he released his next Pokémon, "Go Squirtle!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle appeared on the field.