The Abandoned Fennekin & Friends

Once again, the gang was lost in the forest on the way to Vermilion City, which really annoyed Mairin.

Cora sighed as all she spied in the grass was Spearow, "Nothing but Spearow's around here."

"Right now that's the least of our worries." Mairin glowered at her from where she was slumped on the ground, their packs on a tree stump between the three. "I'm going crazy! Where are we?!" She shouted to the sky.

Cora took out her phone and checked where they were on the map. She moved it around until she saw a red 'P' which indicated that a Pokémon Center was nearby. "Well, we seem to be in the middle of nowhere."

Mairin groaned at that.

"But Route 24 will take us to Vermilion City, and it seems that we're on the right path for it." Cora said.

Mairin perked up on that, "Really?! Then let's get the show on the road!" She cheered.

So then Cora, Alain, Mairin and the Pokémon headed out.

==========================

The gang were walking along the road when they came across something. It was a lone Fennekin sitting on a boulder.

"A Shiny Fennekin? What's one doing here in Kanto?" Alain asked.

Cora took out her phone and scanned the Pokémon.

[Fennekin, the Fox Pokémon. Fennekin expels hot air that can reach nearly 400 degrees. It likes to snack on twigs. Note: This different coloration indicates that this Pokémon is a shiny Pokémon.]

"That Fennekin has a few scratches. Maybe we should take it to a Pokémon Center." Alain suggested.

"Good idea." Cora walked over to Fennekin, "Hello, Fennekin." She greeted the Fox Pokémon.

Fennekin looked up at Cora, "Fennekin? (Who are you?)" She asked.

"My name's Cora. What are you doing here?" Cora asked.

"Fenn fenn fennekin. (Waiting for my trainer to come back.)" Fennekin replied.

"Waiting for your trainer? How long have you been here?" Cora questioned.

"Fennekin. (Almost two days.)" Fennekin answered.

Cora gawked at that, "Two days?!"

"What did Fennekin say?" Alain asked.

"Fennekin said that she's been waiting for her trainer for the past two days." Cora replied.

"Two days?!" The others gasped.

Cora nodded, "Yes."

Then she turned to Fennekin. For her, it didn't feel right to just leave the Fox Pokémon here alone. She didn't want to leave Fennekin by herself after seeing her all alone with a few scratches. She won't leave little Fennekin behind.

"Fennekin, can we take you to the Pokémon Center for your injuries? Once you're better, we'll bring you back here. Deal?" Cora offered.

Fennekin stared at Cora and then sighed, "Fennekin. (Okay.)" She accepted.

Cora gently picked up Fennekin and placed her in her arms, "Well let's get going."

===========================

While they walked along the path, Mairin saw a building ahead.

"Look, the Pokémon center." Mairin cheered.

"Then that means Route 24 isn't far." Cora smiled.

Suddenly it began to pour with rain.

"Hurry." Alain said.