Indigo League: Preliminary Rounds

After the opening ceremonies, Cora found out that she had to pass through four preliminary battles on four unique battlefields (Grass, Water, Ice, and Rock) to qualify for battling inside Indigo Stadium. Her first battle was going to be on the Grass field.

The screen in the Pokémon center, where participants find out who their opponents are, showed that Cora was against a trainer named Wyatt, who kind of looked a bit of a punk.

Cora grinned, "This guy is going to lose."

Cora's battle with Wyatt wasn't until the afternoon, so Cora got ready for the battle. She phoned Prof Oak and asked him for Scorch (Shiny Cinderace), Kaori (Vaporeon), and Kalmia (Meganium).

"[I wish you luck Cora, especially since this is your first time in a Pokémon league.]" Prof. Oak said.

"Thanks professor." Cora thanked the Kanto Professor.

Alise was at the lab too and she wished Cora lots of luck too, and she also said that she will be watching her on TV all the way.

Cora felt ready after getting Scorch, Kaori and Kalmia from the lab. She found out that Ash had just won his first battle on the water field and Gary had won his first battle on the ice field, but Cora just concentrated for her first battle. Later on, they met Wyatt; a punky, arrogant trainer and Cora didn't like him at all.

"I look forward to beating you in our battle, Cora." Wyatt smirked.

'If that guy thinks that he is going to win, then he's wrong.' Cora thought, glared.

=======================

Soon it was time for Cora to battle Wyatt on the Grass field.

"Ready Cora?" Alain asked.

"As I'll ever be," Cora replied, "Let's go."

Cora, Alain and Mairin entered the arena together. Cora took her place on the battlefield and her friends took a seat behind her. The battlefield was a grass field all right; it was a big field of grass. The judge explained the rules about each trainer using three Pokémon and such. He also explained about the rules of Pokémon battle loses; if the trainer recalled a Pokémon, or the Pokémon was knocked out, or the Pokémon fell asleep or refused the battle, those four things counted as loses. Then the battle began.

Wyatt sent out his first Pokémon; Exeggutor.

Cora knew that Exeggutor was a Grass/Psychic type, so she sent out Scorch to battle.

"Exeggutor versus Cinderace, battle...begin!" The referee declared.

"Okay Exeggutor use Egg Bomb!" Wyatt ordered.

Exeggutor fired multiple egg-shaped balls towards Scorch.

"Quick Scorch, use Will-O-Wisp!" Cora countered.

Scorch raises his arms and balls of blue flames appear around him. Then he shoots them at the seed bomb attack, cancelling the attack out.

"Use Agility!"

Scorch ran across the field quickly, before appearing before Exeggutor.

"Now, use Fire Punch."

Scorch's paw become surrounded in flames before he slammed his paw right in Exeggutor's face, making it fall backwards.

"Exeggutor, are you okay?!" Wyatt called out to his Pokémon.

Exeggutor sits up slowly, one of its eyes closed shut tight, "Exeggutor... (I'm okay...)"

Before Wyatt could say a command, Cora beat him to it, "Use Flamethrower!"

Scorch released a stream of flames from his mouth and into Exeggutor's face, knocking it out permanently.