Downfall

Dawn came. And with it, the execution of the plan to overthrow the Empire. Najenda and her troops would begin a frontal assault, using the weakened section of the Capital wall you had inflicted in your escape and tossing of Seryu to get inside the city. From there, there was going to be brutal street fighting, with civilians in serious danger of being caught in the crossfire.

While this was happening, three members of Night Raid would infiltrate the city. Their objective was to assassinate Minister Honest and thus destabilize that which was holding the Empire together. If the Emperor still stayed loyal to his puppet master, then he would go to. Yet you would not be sent with them. The ones going were Tatsumi, Akame and Leone. It was a point of contention with Najenda as you had made your intentions clear from the start. Taking out Honest was a means of finishing the job avenging your family. Her counterpoint was logical however.

Honest was bound to be well guarded. The invading troops were just one of multiple distractions. You and remaining Night Raid would be causing havoc elsewhere to draw out their most powerful cards. It had not taken much thought to know who you would be drawing out. Mine and Lubbock meanwhile would support the main assault in hopes of bringing out General Budo.

To that, you crept around in the predawn hours in the outskirts of the Capital. With the city locked down as far as traditional entrance, you were seeking another way. Every city needed a water supply, and the river running through the Capital city would do. The past few hours had been spent circling to the north of the urban area.

From there, you plunged into the water en route. The methods was to slowly move, keeping your head just above the water when possible and let the current take you in. The height of the city walls grew larger, but you could make out something in the archway for said water. It was a metal grate. That was no surprise to you, but they were not dealing with an ordinary man.

You took a breath, held it and dove down. Drawing Stormbreaker, you willed it to channel lightning into the blade. Even submerged in water, the blade quickly grew glowing hot. You cut into the metal grate, easily cutting a circle int the obstacle while hoping no one noticed the bubbles. You did away with the supercharging, letting the blade extinguish. You surfaced and gulped air. Fortunately, no Imperial's were present along the banks and that made getting out of the water easy.

When you had last left the Capital it was lively with people during the day, less so during the night. The streets were vacant now, save for patrols of soldiers. It would nit be that way for long. In one alleyway, you watched one squad go past and a thought occurred. You were not going to reveal your presence until the siege kicked off. That did not rule out stealth kills. So when there was two or three at most, you took them out.

Alas, the entire city could hear the sounds when they finally came. The cries of tens of thousands echoed through the streets. Gun fire and explosions followed. The Revolutionary Army was making its move. Now was the time.

"The rebels are attacking! To the south wall!" An officer commanded a platoon next to your position. The man screamed when a bolt of lightning struck him. The men were bewildered as you appeared around the corner.  Without missing a beat, you drew your hands in and pushed them out to the arrayed formation. A burst of telekinetic energy blasted them airborne, closely followed by balls of charged lightning into the mass of airborne bodies. On contact, they exploded, sending bolts everywhere. Not a single soldier survived the onslaught. It was also sure to be visible for miles around. Too bad you would be long gone before the Empire's reaction came.