† 1 † - Arrival

(This book is being re-written as of now in the same book, but the old chapters will still be up for viewing.)

When I was lying there in the VA
hospital,

with a big hole blown through
the middle of my life,

I started having these dreams of
flying

I was free.

Sooner or later, though, you always have
to wake up.

Jake awoke, opening his eyes adjusting to being awake after being in cryo for approximately five years and nine months.

He then caught sight of a few tears that most likely belonged to him. Had he been crying while he was in cryo?

In cryo you don't dream at all. It doesn't feel like six years.

More like a fifth of tequila and an ass-kicking .

As he continued to look around and get used to everything the pod he was in opened up and a care giver took note of it and floated up towards him.

Tommy was the scientist not me. He was the one who wanted to get shot light -years out in space to find the answers.

"Are we there?" Jake had asked in a hoarse voice

"Yeah, we're there, sunshine." "We're there." The care giver answered tapping him on the shoulder and wandering off to others.

"It's about your brother." Agent one said

So a week before Tommy's gonna ship out, a guy with a gun ends his journey for the paper in his wallet.

"Your brother represented a significant investment." ---- "We'd like to talk to you about taking over his contract " Agent two said

"And since your genome is identical to his, you could step into his shoes--" the agents shared a look "---so to speak." He continued.

"It'd be a fresh start on a new world. And the pay is good, very good"

"You've been in cryo for five years, nine months and 22 days. You will be hungry. You will be weak." ---- "If you feel nausea, please use the sacks." The care giver announced.

Tommy was the scientist not me. Me, I'm just another dumb grunt going someplace he's gonna regret.

As the ship floated Pandora came into view.

Up ahead was Pandora, You grew up
hearing about it.

But I never figured I'd be going there.

"Exo-packs on! Let's go! Exo-packs on!"

"Remember people, you lose that mask, you're unconscious in 20 seconds, you're dead in four minutes!" ---

----"Let nobody be dead today! Looks very bad on my report." The announcer said

As he was saying that Jake was putting his mask on and adjusting it to make sure it was on tight and it was secure.

While everyone aboard was getting ready to depart in the pilots area were two men--

"Hell's Gate tower, this is TAV 1-6 on approach."

As the jet flew over Pandora you could see land mines the R.D.A had taken over to gain material's for money, the large machines rolled as they continued work.

The jet that had flown over the land mine had finally docked in hell's gate landing.

Jake was breathing through his mask nervously getting ready to depart once the ship's dock opened up.