† 𝟚 † - 𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

In one of the main wings in the base, people working hard and talking amongst each other, viewing digital scans of Pandora could be seen. Some clearing air crafts for take off, and a man named Parker Selfridge stood right in-front of his mini golf course made up of a tiny walkway of fake grass, a random mug , and a few golf balls.

He readied his shot, as he swung his club ever so slightly the ball began moving, landing right into the mug he had set up.

Parker chuckled out in joy, "Mmm! You see that?" He questioned one of his workers, "Yes, sir."

"No, you didn't. You were looking at the monitor." Parker pointed out, as he went to retrieve the ball he knocked into the mug. "I love this putter, Ronnie! I love this putter."

..
.

Grace angrily stormed into the wing, walking past working people, passing digital scans as she walked up to Parker.

"Parker, you know, I used to think it was benign neglect, but now I see that you're intentionally screwing with me." She confessed, Parker already lining up his next shot.

"Grace, you know, I enjoy our little talks. " He spoke out, showing no interest in the conversation from the tone of his voice.

Parker hit the ball, making it roll again, as the ball ran it almost got into the mug, barely missing it as Grace kicked the mug in anger.

"Oops." She said, shrugging lightly.

Parker let out a sarcastic smile, finally looking up at Grace, as she continued her rant.

"I need a researcher. Not some jarhead dropout." Grace said, fuming, as Parker shook his head scratching it lightly as he walked over to retrieve the mug, and ball.

"Well, actually, I thought we got lucky with him." Parker confessed, Grace looking at him in disbelief. "Lucky? How is this in any way lucky?"

"Lucky your guy had a twin brother, and lucky that brother wasn't some oral hygienist or something." Parker explained, as he walked over, handing the golfing equipment to an assistant. "A Marine we can use."

"I'm assigning him to your team as security escort." He finished, as he started looking out at the giant hologram in the middle of the room.

"The last thing I need is another trigger-happy moron out there!" Grace exclaimed, anger seeping through her voice as she walked next to Parker.

"Look, look, you're supposed to be winning the hearts and the minds of the natives. Isn't that the whole point of your little puppet show?" He questioned as he pushed buttons, looking around at different areas on the hologram.

"If you look like them and you talk like them, then they'll start trusting us. We build them a school, we teach them English, but after, what, how many years?" Parker ranted, turning away from the hologram, looking up at Grace.