† 3 † - Lost

Jake opened his eyes again looking around disappointed that he had to leave his new body. As the lid opened he was met with Max "Welcome back." He greeted Jake. Jake was still silent looking disappointed to see his non-working legs again and Max took note of this.

"You okay? You alright?" Max asked Jake "Yeah, I'm okay." Jake replied unhappily.

____________________________________________

"I'm Trudy. I fly all the science sorties. And this here is my baby." Trudy said tapping on the hood of the helicopter. "Hold on a second" She said quickly throwing some documents in the from of her helicopter "Hey, Wainfleet! Get it done!" She demanded from one of her crew members "We bounce at zero-nine." --- "Yeah, I'm on it, capitaine!" Wainfleet replied struggle in his voice as he situated a gun into the side of the helicopter.

"Vine strike's still lose" Trudy told one of the mechanics. "You guy's are packing some heavy gear" Jake pointed out while wheeling next to Trudy before stopping. "Watch it!" Trudy yelled as someone with an electric cart almost ran into her and Jake. "Yeah, that's 'cause we're not the only thing flying around out there. Or the biggest" She explained "I'm gonna need you on a door gun, I'm a man short" She told Jake.

"I thought you'd never ask. He joked with her. As they arrived at their destination she pointed to a room with a man " There's your man. See you in the flight line." And with that she fist bumped Jake and walked away.

Jake started wheeling himself over to the man and stopping right at the entryway.
"You wanted to see me, Colonel?" He said with a small smile. "This low gravity'll make you soft. You get soft." He paused for a moment setting down the very large weight and leaning up to look at Jake.

"Pandora will shit you out dead with zero warning." He finished "I pulled your record, Corporal. Venezuela, that was some mean bush." ---- "Nothing like this here, though." He said with a knowing look and paused before continuing on.

"You got some heart, kid, showing up in this neighborhood." Jake responded with "I figured it's just another hellhole." With a slight smirk showing before turning into a frown again.

"I was First Recon myself. A few years ahead of you, Well, maybe more than a few." He said as he got up and walked out of the room Jake following quick behind.

"Three tours Nigeria, not a scratch. I come out here?" He points to his face where a large scratch is present "Day one. Think I felt like a shavetail louie?" He said with a smirk and continued walking while explaining "Yeah. Oh they could fix me up, if I rotated back." Struggle in his voice while fixing the leg of his amplified mobility suit "Yeah, and make me pretty again. But you know what? I kind of like it."
He said while hanging off the leg of his suit facing Jake while getting off the suit.

"It reminds me every day what's waiting out there." He explained as Jake started at him blankly. He then turned around giving a mechanic the que to rise the ramp while he climbed up into his suit as Jake wheeled himself onto the ramp before it rised. "The avatar program is a bad joke. Bunch of limp-dick science majors." He explained " However it does present an opportunity both timely and unique." He finished as he settled into the suit "Clear!" He shouted to someone "Clear!" The man said back. Powering up the suits engine he continued to talk "A recon gyrene in an avatar body, that's a potent mix." ---- "Give me the goosebumps" He said with a laugh strapping himself in.

"Such a Marine could provide the Intel I need, right on the ground" He said while fitting his hands into the gloves with a smirk and then turned to Jake "Right in the hostiles' camp." Jake listened with an interested look on his face "Look, Sully. I want you to learn these savages from the inside." ---- "I want you to gain their trust."