babysitting (9)

I looked out of the car window as we slowed down in front of a light blue house. It wasn't large nor small.

"Well here we are see you later kid," My dad said with a sigh.

I got out of the car and walked to the front door. I felt intimidated just standing there. I knocked.

No answer.

Just as I raised my hand to knock again the door opened.

I saw Peter. He had a large bruise on his left cheek. He was wearing a white t-shirt and light blue jeans. His hair was messy.

No way, I was babysitting his little sister.

"What are you doing here?" He narrowed his eyes.

Before I could say anything a tall slender man with light brown hair and brown eyes walked towards the door and told Peter to let me in.

"So you must be Matthews daughter?"

"Yeah, that's right" I still felt off about the fact I was in Peters's house babysitting his little sister.

"Well, I heard you have a little brother near our little Lily's age so I'm assuming you know how to take care of kids." I nodded my head yes.

"If you have any questions about where anything is or if there is an emergency you can talk to my son Peter." He said looking over towards Peter.

I felt more nervous the fact I didn't just have to worry about Lilly I had to worry about Peter now too.

"She's playing upstairs right now and I'll be back", he checked his expensive watch. "Around midnight at the latest."

And just like that the tall man left.

Peter crossed his arms, "Ophelia, why are you babysitting my little sister?"

"It wasn't by choice okay?" I said whilst taking off my coat.

He didn't take his eyes off me he seemed ticked off.

"Where do I put my coat?"

"Just toss it on the couch."

"Oh, okay."

You could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"Why haven't you responded to any of my messages."

"My phone got taken away," I made my way to his gray couch.

"Oh, I was concerned." He broke eye contact.

"Why is that?"

He sat down on the couch the farthest seat from me.

With a deep breath, he said, "Well after what happened at the party I thought you were afraid of me."

"Afraid of you? That's ridiculous you helped me when no one else did not even my best friend."

His face relaxed and he stared off into the distance.

"I know I hate watching people fight and after you didn't respond to my messages I thought the worst."

"You saved me from god knows what could have happened," I scooted closer to him.

He turned and looked me in the eyes. His big brown eyes looked so sweet. It hurt me to see the nasty bruise on his cheek.

I slowly put my hand on his cheek. He winced in pain.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you."

He laughed, "Trust me you're not the one who hurt me."

I moved my thumb slowly up and down his cheek. He kept eye contact with me. He slowly rested his head on my hand.