𝟐 ✫ 𝐚 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

    𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐓, despite her disgust that everyone is forced to dress nice just in case you are chosen to fight to your death, Adrian did do a beautiful job with this dress

    𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐓, despite her disgust that everyone is forced to dress nice just in case you are chosen to fight to your death, Adrian did do a beautiful job with this dress. It wasn't anything extreme, mainly because Adrian most likely knew if it was anything extravagant, Sage would never wear it. Instead, it was just a simple, plain, mint green dress. Nicer than anything she has owed in a long, long time.

    Sage couldn't help but stare at herself in the broken mirror, running her hands over the soft fabric. She always hated looking at herself in the mirror- seeing the bright blue eyes, pasty pale skin and freckles along her nose and cheeks staring back at her. It was just a reminder of who she resembled so much. When she looks in the mirror, all she sees staring back at her is her mother, because the cruelty of this world had decided it would be a good idea to give her the exact features of the same woman who hated her.

    Her skin was a bit sore since she had to scrub herself twice to remove the dirt stains from her skin and under her nails. She is currently french braiding her long hair, wanting it out of her eyes. Hyacinth was watching her from her bed, a worried look on her face. She was already dressed and ready to go, seeing as she is still required to attend.

    The rules are simple, if you are not severely ill or on your deathbed, then there is no excuse. And since she is not close to death, her presence was required. Gladis had agreed to watch after her for free given the fact that she left abruptly yesterday, not giving her a reason to why, just said she left when she thought Hyacinth was sleeping and figured Sage would be home soon. If Sage wasn't desperate for her help, she would have fired her on the spot.

    "I like that dress." Hyacinth spoke up, breaking the thick, eerie silence. "Adrian is getting very talented."

    "I like it too." Sage admitted, truthfully. The redhead couldn't stop thinking about what Adrian said to her yesterday. About how she wasn't as naive as Sage had always assumed she was and how she truly cares about Sage so much that she is willing to put up with her snarky attitude and constant hostility. About how she just wants Sage to know she has someone routing for her back home if she was ever reaped for the Hunger Games.

    It was probably the first time Sage Rowan felt genuinely moved by anyone. Adrian is the first one since Hyacinth to push past her boundaries, to take her bluntness and sarcasm with open arms and suffocate them with her kindness and sunshine attitude. She was never phased by Sage's harsh words or haunting her past. And the more she thinks about it, the more Sage realizes Adrian doesn't try as hard with everyone else like she does with her. Sure, she is friends with pretty much everyone but no one else gives her a hard time like Sage does. And Adrian still refuses to give up on her.

    Sage always figured she would give up eventually. She knew she wasn't worth all the effort Adrian gives into being her friend. But it took until yesterday for Sage to finally realize that maybe, just maybe, Adrian is never going to give up. Maybe... maybe she is actually worth the fight Adrian puts in everyday to be a true friend.