𝟓 ✫ 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

    𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐁𝐔𝐓 sit back in the chair, arms crossed over her chest while staring at the amount of food that was before her

    𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐁𝐔𝐓 sit back in the chair, arms crossed over her chest while staring at the amount of food that was before her. She had skipped supper after the ceremony, claiming not to be hungry and went to go get some sleep. Of course, that sleep only lasted for about three hours so she was up the rest of night, still not used to the soft, foam mattress. She spent the rest of the night dreading the next couple of days that awaited her.

    How the hell is she supposed to get through the training and then the interviews? More specifically the interviews, where she will be forced to speak in front of a large crowd. She already knew that would not go well. Sage is incapable of having a pleasant conversation. It was very hard for her. The only people she has had one with took years for her to get comfortable with them. Tatyana was right, she needs to get a hold of her temper. If Caesar Flickerman says the wrong thing that triggers that primal rage in her, things will not end well on her part.

    But what she doesn't understand is why the Capitol provides the tributes with all these luxuries and gourmet meals when in a couple days they will be starving and fighting for food in the arena. It was like they were fattening them up before sending them to the slaughter house. Scratch that, that is exactly what they were doing. 

    "Sage," Walker spoke up. The young girl looked up from staring at the table, everyone was already digging into their plates, especially Chance who was already helping himself to a second serving. "You need to eat something. You need all your strength for training."

    Instead of responding, Sage just nodded and grabbed the first thing she saw, which was a plate of thick cut sausages and placed two on her plate. With that, she added some toast with some jam, not really sure if she could eat anything more than this.

    "Is this training thing really necessary? Can't they just do the private session, rank us and get it over with?" Chance asked after just swallowing another mouth full of eggs.

    "Yes, it's very necessary. This is where the tributes normally scope out the competition, learn and strategize their strengths and weaknesses," Walker explains. "Which I much advise against showing off some of your special skills until the individual evaluation. Do either of you have any special skills?"

    Both Sage and Chance shared a glance, but not sure how to answer and their chews slowing as they thought. When Sage remained silent, Chance was the first to answer their mentor's question. "I'm pretty good with a sword. My father taught me how to yield one when I was nine for fun, but I haven't really done it in a while."

    "Good, I suggest practicing a little bit and use it during individual evaluations," Walker nodded in approval, before turning his head towards the one he knew wasn't going to give him a serious answer. "How about you, Sage? Any hidden talents besides being stubborn and a smart ass?"