𝟏𝟑 ✫ 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

    𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐔𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐒 guts out for the second time

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐔𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐒 guts out for the second time. Everything he had consumed in the last twenty-four hours was now melting into the white snow in a very disgusting, vile way that forced Sage to turn her head so she doesn't replicate his actions.

    When she was positive he was finished, Sage turned back and made her way over to him, her head pounding from not only the blow she had received from being slammed into the tree by the mutt, but of everything that went down within a span of an hour. She couldn't stop watching Lorcan like a hawk, terrified to take her eyes off him now. She almost lost him. She almost failed the only goal she made when coming into these games. Just because she wasn't at her full strength, because she was recovering from her previous injuries.

    Her eyes ranked over his face. He was paler than normal besides the redness of his cheeks and nose from the cold atmosphere, and his eyes were bloodshot from crying. He hasn't stopped crying. Sage didn't really know what to do. She is not good at this. At comforting someone who clearly needed it. She's never really had to do it before... unless she counts comforting Adrian and Hyacinth those moments before she left on the train.

    Sage may have almost failed at her goal to keep Lorcan alive and make sure he wins these games... but she most definitely failed at another goal she didn't really know she had made until it had happened.

    She failed to protect him from the trauma of taking a life.

     Sage looked down at his hands, and could see the blood still there on his fingertips. Lorcan seemed to notice it too and held his hands out, his breathing labored and his face stained with tears seeing as he was reluctant to wipe them away and risk getting that blood on his face. Sage grabbed both of their canteens and moved towards him, gently placing a hand on his arm which caused him to jump in panic, but physically relaxed when he saw the redhead. Not mentally, though. That might not ever go away, the self-loathing behind the depths of his wonderful blue eyes.

    "Here, let me clean your hands." Sage spoke in a soft, but rough voice.

    "T-That's our d-drinking wa-water." Lorcan manages to say in a breaking stutter, sniffling. He was shaking horribly and Sage was unsure if it was because of the cold or from the shock of what he had just done.

    "We can melt more," Sage informed softly, taking his left hand in hers. "This is going to be cold, but I got a fire going and you will be wearing the gloves for a while so your fingers don't get frostbite."

     Lorcan didn't say anything, which Sage interpreted as he wasn't going to protest and guided him over to the ongoing flames of the fire she just made. The two had been running because they wanted to put enough distance between them and that cave. It sucks, it was a pretty nice place to hide out, shame it was taken from them so soon.