𝟐𝟐 ✫ 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

     𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀 consistency in Sage Rowan's life

     𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀 consistency in Sage Rowan's life. She is familiar with it more than anyone should be. Not that the District's are not used to death themselves, especially her fellow victors. She wasn't the only one. If you did anything that even could be misconstrued as rebellious, you are normally punished as a result by President Snow hitting you where he knows will hurt you the most. By killing those you love.

    Sage didn't know what to expect when it came to the repercussions for her actions that resulted in the Capitol protesting outside of President Snow's mansion. That was a new level of insubordination. In all honesty, Sage knew she should not have admitted all that she had to Lorcan in front of all those cameras. But then again, at the time, she didn't think she was going to make it out of there alive. She was prepared to die in that arena, so she didn't exactly plan for the aftermath because she didn't think there would be one. To be fair, she didn't expect to receive such a big reaction like she did. She didn't expect anyone to actually care. But then again, confirming that she did believe the rumor of being a Capitol baby probably would have a bad reaction, as it is one thing to hear rumors, but another to admit it was most likely true..

    Like any normal victor, she feared that a punishment would cost her those she cared about, now that she has some. She was mainly concerned about Adrian, as she would be an obvious choice seeing as how she is the reason all this has happened. Not that Sage was blaming her in any way, it was her choice to save her, but it made Adrian an easy target. Unfortunately, she was only half right. Because killing Adrian would have only angered the people of Panem once they found out. She was adored not only by the District but by the nation now. They can't touch her without retaliation.

    But that didn't mean it protected other's in Adrian's life.

    Sage can still remember that dreaded day like it was yesterday. It was just a simple day. About two months after she finished her tour. She was out with Adrian, taking the female out past the restricted area to continue their training. Adrian still couldn't do much due to her injuries, so basically Sage was just trying to build up her muscles and get her strength back by exercising. What happened to her was never going to happen again and Adrian didn't really put up much of a fight when Sage came to her and told her she was going to learn to protect herself as soon as she was healed. Adrian hated how weak she had been, how she wasn't able to fight back. She hated how little she felt. She wants to be strong. She wants to be able to fight back. She wants to be able to protect herself like Sage can. So agreeing was the easiest decision Adrian ever made.

    Upon returning, both girls were having a good day, actually smiling and joking about, but there had been commotion when they returned. Everyone was going to the North Square, near the Peacekeepers post. Where they have the executions and whipping stand. Sage remembers being dragged there eight years ago, receiving ten lashes. She will bear the scars for a lifetime.